REVIEW OF CARNIVAL ELATION & TRIP TO GALVESTON!

volvomom1

You mention having to show your birth certificate and marriage certificate OR passport upon returning home, and that they have to type the information into the computer if you use a birth certificate. Is this at the port? I've been on 4 cruises and no one has even checked my id upon leaving the ship. Has something changed in the last few months, or do different ports just handle things very differently?

You mention having to show your birth certificate and marriage certificate OR passport upon returning home, and that they have to type the information into the computer if you use a birth certificate. Is this at the port? I've been on 4 cruises and no one has even checked my id upon leaving the ship. Has something changed in the last few months, or do different ports just handle things very differently?

On the Rhapsody in July we had to have our paperwork (birth certificate, driver's license, or passport) to get off the ship in Key West and again to get back ON the ship in Key West...in addition to the sail & sign card.

We didn't need the paperwork for our other ports...just for Key West.

We had never encountered this before.

We cruised the Elation last month and we also had to show our birth certificates and IDs to customs when we got back to Galveston.

very nice review. Nice pictures. One question though about the $250 for the van service. That was from where to where? Thanks again for your review.

The van service from our Houston Sofitel Hotel to Galveston Texas port....about and hour and a half ride or so......It was $125 a person, a bit expensive to me, but oh well.

You know, I would have to say that it would be a TON easier to just get a passport....this makes check in and check out a breeze. It held the line up on the debarkation day if someone had a birth certificate that the customs officers had to put in the computer manually.

• 3 weeks later...

I think there was some confusion about my reply regarding the $250 van service to and from the Galveston port. I must have been sleep-typing. Yes indeed it was $250, but that is a round trip from wherever you are in Houston to the port, pickup from the port and back to wherever you want to go in Houston and the amount is for the entire van full of people. Thus, if you have 10 people, they will wind up paying $25 each for the whole round trip.

On top of that, LJ is super nice and loves the towns and is a professional tour guide in addition to doing the shuttle.

As a single mom with a young teen, I wanted to take the easy route and this filled the bill.

PLEASE do not hesitate to contact LJ at http://cruiseshipshuttle.com/

Archived