Mr Sanchos Cabana Package--Has anyone booked this?

Duck Down

Has anyone reserved the cabana bed package? We have not been to Mr Sanchos but are considereng booking one while on a Christmas cruise. There are going to be 6 ships in port that day and our ship is one of the late arrivals at 10 AM.

What can you tell me about the experience? Are they worth it? Are the cabanas near the water or set back? Do they come with sun loungers as well?

Has anyone reserved the cabana bed package? We have not been to Mr Sanchos but are considereng booking one while on a Christmas cruise. There are going to be 6 ships in port that day and our ship is one of the late arrivals at 10 AM.

What can you tell me about the experience? Are they worth it? Are the cabanas near the water or set back? Do they come with sun loungers as well?

Hey, I've booked to go there(1st time) on the 22nd sailing. You can't book cabanas as they are 1st come basis. So you had better be there early. I messaged them and that's what I was told... Happy cruising!

You can rent a "cabana" thru their website. It's $200 and comes with a massage.

We were there a couple weeks ago. The cabanas are covered, 4 posts with a mattress and curtains you can close. If they are not rented they are free if you can snag one. I did think it was good for people with children that may want to nap.

Here is a pic - not the best but gives you an idea. We were on the AI side. I did see some on the pay side that were palapa covered and seemed nicer.

Keep in mind that in front of them are 2 rows of tables with umbrellas or palapa roofs then 2-3 rows of beach chairs so your beach/ocean view is limited.

We loved it there and plan to go back in January!

ImageUploadedByForums1415451139.105047.jpg.d14769c1f03760b0c92b64eabe216a95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sungifts

I'm curious to see if anyone has booked one. We're currently booked for the AI side (cruising thanksgiving week) and I'm toying with getting one. We have a toddler and a preschooler, so I think it would be good for naps and to have guaranteed space, but not sure if we "need it". Also, does anyone know if one person can use both massages (one hour massage instead of two 30-min)?

If you get there early enough you can probably get one for nothing. When we went we got there pretty early and non that I saw were reserved.

You will be put at a table with an umbrella. You can also "rent" ($15 refundable deposit) an umbrella to put over one of the beach layout chairs and use that for a nap place if you don't get a cabana.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Booked this two years ago and it was nice, but did not use the cabana much-thought I would never book this way again. We are booked again for the next cruise in Feb. 2015 fro the romance package-it was only 20.00 more then booking the AI and the massages. It also was they only way to book that allowed to order off the menu if there was a buffet offered. Buffets are okay-would rather have the option of the menu. The massage was excellent the last time.

Booked this two years ago and it was nice, but did not use the cabana much-thought I would never book this way again. We are booked again for the next cruise in Feb. 2015 fro the romance package-it was only 20.00 more then booking the AI and the massages. It also was they only way to book that allowed to order off the menu if there was a buffet offered. Buffets are okay-would rather have the option of the menu. The massage was excellent the last time.

We had the option of ordering off the menu (and did so in addition to the buffet) on the AI side just a couple weeks ago and we didn't have a cabana. I have heard others talk of not being able to order off the menu. I wonder what the deal is with that :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I did the romance package about 2 years ago as well. I loved Mr. Sanchos as it was my first time there. The massage was awesome and the food was great but we found that we spent the majority of our time in the pool rather than in the cabana. We like to drink and socialize (I get very chatty after a few drinks lol) so I suppose if you are more into relaxing then the cabanas are great but I don't know if I would get one again. The mattress was very comfortable though and the waiter was very good at coming to check on us for drinks.

Edited by XBOBOX

• 2 weeks later...