For my cruise sisters going to Alaska

zcat

If you are getting your ship in Vancouver just before you to customs there a piles of paper back books stacked around. They are advertising all the ports that you might be at. There are discount and free couponds for stores at each port. I use them each year. I have got free tiny diamond earings, bear claw salad mixers a terrific discount on a 14K gold whale tail charm and a free necklace that I gave to a child cause she is a good kid. Last year a friend and me got a pair of tanzanite (or how ever you spell it) earings, yea they are very very tiny but we both use them to keep our holes in our ears open. Oh yes the diamonds are very tiny also. Both pair are 14K gold. For free. I do hope they have the couponds this year for us all. If they have the duck tour in Ketchikan and you have the time to do that do it. We went all over the town and then out into the water around all the cruise ships had a great time. Not expensive either. Please everyone have a good time. We are all so lucky to be able to cruise aren't we??????

Thanks - I'll look for those. I ordered the Ketchikan tour guide from the Chamber of Commerce and there were coupons for free earrings, etc. Of course I know they are small, but we all like to get something for free!!! It's the American way, isn't it.

ks

last sept they were right inside the pier by the door that led to the gangway right after you checked in for the carnival spirit. i almost missed them. im glad i didnt because they were full of great info and coupons. also at the ports there are visitor centers that have brochures and free literature.

also make sure you go to the lecture about the ports and things to do by the cruise director the first day out. they toss out all kinds of free things to the audience and tell you all you need to know about the ports, shopping and things to do. it was fun and i got some great things for free.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05
Alaska glacier bay again

Thanks Dustyroad. I always thought you went through customs upon arrival at the airport and upon disembarkation of the ship. I had a feeling the OP meant before you boarded the ship, at the terminal. Now I know when to keep a lookout.

Kathy

Do you know , are these books in Seattle cruise terminal as well ?? Sounds like the same kind of book we always get in the airports in Hawaii, and I love thoes. Any input appreciated.
Cori

Archived