Whingers

brian_uk

Maybe its just me....but these boards seem to be taking a turn downwards.

When I first started reading it seemed that people sought help and opinions on the particular Cruise Line they were interested in travelling with.......great and we found it very helpful in planning our trip.

Recently it seems that there are knowalls who go onto various cruise line boards to propound how much better another line is.

I have travelled on 4 lines and for different reasons have had great times on each.....do I prefer one.....yes Oceania but I would have no hesitation in going on another if the Itinerary were better.

PLease, if you have travelled on Oceania and have a complaint then by all means post it here so that we can all learn but this continual carping that the food is better on Crystal does not really help anyone here.

So once again my apologies for taking up your time but its how I feel.

Brian

I actually find the question verging on the ridiculous.

What difference do the pre and post cruise hotels make to a Canadian as apart from anyone else. Either a hotel is good or fair or bad.

Any Cruise you take will involve Canadian dollars and on our recent Cruise I cannot remember any Canadians saying the cruise was better or worse for them than anybody else.

Just go and have fun.

Now I will wait for the flack !!!!!!!!!

Brian

Might have something to do with responses such as the above. When read the wrong way, or in the wrong light, it "could" be misperceived as a boorish attempt at putting someone down for their question.

I also think that inviting "flack" may also invite whiners. JMHO.

I still think that my response to your question was valid, unless of course Canadians are different to the rest of the world.

Currency fluctuates for us all..... I booked a hotel in New York 5 months ago and the £ was $1.93.............now its $1.75..............I leave for the trip in 3 weeks and nothing has changed vis a vis the hotel quality, it will cost me 10% more. The hotel is no different for a Brit than a Canadian.....its just a hotel. Thats how I felt about your question.

I wish you many happy holidays and hope that one day our paths will cross and we can enjoy a drink together as friends.

Brian

Archived