Equinox va Infinity

stromer

I am interested in the differences in the newer Solstice class ships (Equinox) vs the older class Infinity/Constellation which I hear have been upgraded. Is there anything that would make these ships worth booking just for the upgrades vs the Infinity? I liked the free indoor T pool in the Infinity consisting of warm water and hydrotherapy jets. Does the Equinox have these? I could not find them on the desk plans. Are the cabins nicer

Thanks, Rick

I am interested in the differences in the newer Solstice class ships (Equinox) vs the older class Infinity/Constellation which I hear have been upgraded. Is there anything that would make these ships worth booking just for the upgrades vs the Infinity? I liked the free indoor T pool in the Infinity consisting of warm water and hydrotherapy jets. Does the Equinox have these? I could not find them on the desk plans. Are the cabins nicer

Thanks, Rick

There are definitely many differences (and enough the same) between the M & S Classes

M-Class Ships are smaller, and so they quickly take on a comfy feeling of familiarity.

The S-Class Ships are open concept, with a lot of glass & shiny metal... So they feel very modern, spacious & cool

Although there are venues on both ships that have identical names (since Solsticization) cause of the ships layout & atmosphere, they don't necessarily come off the same on both (ie CellarMasters)

All the ships have a Solarium, but only the M-Class Ships have T-Pools (true bliss)

We have sailed both classes, and like them both for different reasons (size - atmosphere - cabins - venues - itineraries*).. So at least for us we cannot say one is better than the other

Each Class tho does have their very dedicated fans... Some folks strongly like or dislike one or the other

Cheers!

* Itineraries are key... The big ships cannot go everywhere the smaller ones do. M-Class means you can to those places and still enjoy Celebrity service & pampering

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thanks, Rick

These are amongst two of my absolute favorite ships of all times.

The Equinox does not have the T-pool....you would have to use the hot tubs instead but is housed in a fabulous solarium area complete with a lighted fountain area ... something special to see at night.

The Infinity's spa area is pretty awesome, though. Not sure if it is still free to use, though. Nice to be in the sauna and look out the window. Love the Persian Gardens on the Equinox better though. The Equinox also has the relaxation lounge that you can use before or after a spa treatment or at any time if you are in Aqua Class.

The S-class ships have a most gorgeous top deck -- all with the lawn club. Recently, there was a sail away party on the Solstice up on the lawn. They threw plastic backed blankets down on the lawn, had a concert up there where they served wine and cheese. Fabulous sail away party.

The also have it set up so you can play bocci or croquet up there and a hot glass show sponsored by Corning.

WOW ... they are both fabulous ships but the S-class ships have more of a WOW factor because they are larger and newer. The storage space in the cabins is just better designed on the Infinity but the bathrooms, especially the showers are nicer on the Equinox.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one -- just depends on if you like shiny new with all the bells and whistles or traditional though a bit older.