Hotels in Nice. Any recommendations?

vival

We are planning to stay 3 nights pre cruise in Nice and having difficulty choosing a hotel. Have looked at Tripadvisor but found the reviews all very mixed. We are looking for a nice 4 star that is reasonably priced.

We were in Nice four days in late October 2012 and stayed at the Hotel de Suede on the recommendation of our daughter an SIL. We found it centrally located and very convenient for the tram and buses. We didn't have bk there since it was just around the corner from the Rue Massena which had a little café that was perfect for coffee and croissant.

Nice is a lovely city and an easy bus ride to Monte Carlo, St Paul de Vence and many other places. And don't miss the open-air flower market!!! Have a great time!!!

Thank you FotoPeg for the recommendations I will look at Hotel du Suede.

How about Nice Excelsior - good reviews and very reasonably priced

http://www.excelsiornice.com/en

The Excelsior is one of the hotels I was considering. Have you stayed there? It sounds good but I was concerned about the area it was in.

Thank you

No I haven't stayed there, but Ive heard good things about it. Any hotel is going to be a compromise and at the sort of price you can get the Excelsior for it's not going to be the same as the 5 star Negresco right on the Promenade des Anglais which is typically 3 times as much. What sort if time of year are you going?

I always look at reviews left on sites where people have actually booked through that site. I'm a big fan of booking.com. The Excelsior gets a "very good" score of 8.5 there.

Have you looked at the Hotel Suisse? Fantastic sea views.