Sheraton beach hotel help.

Happy girl2

Has anyone stayed here recently please.

We have a 2 night booking for the end of January and I am getting more & more concerned about the hotel due to some of the reviews :confused:

Would love to here from you if you have stayed there recently.

This trip is to celebrate my DH 60th birthday & retirement so i want everything to be great.

Booked this through Princess so would ask for a change to the Embassy Suite as this was the other hotel offered any thoughts would be a great help.

Regards Aline

I stayed there 3 weeks ago. I was a bit worried about the reviews but found the hotel and surrounding to be wonderful. It is right on the beach and lounge chairs on the beach are complimentary. We ate dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant and the food was very good. Room was nice, updated and modern. I would not hesitate to stay there again. Don't miss the mermaid show!

The problem with booking with Princess is that they usually charge per person so you can book on your own for less. I got the hotel for $140 on Last Minute Travel.

I don't know why there are negative reviews. Some people just like to hear themselves complain.

Cab from airport to hotel and from hotel to ship were about $20-$25 each.

Edited by Marie51

We also stayed there in March-We were in the beach tower (which most of the reviews recommend) It was fine, Right on the beach. Its an older hotel so don't expect NEW but it was very clean and the staff was great as well. We are from Maine so spending an extra afternoon walking on the beach in March was a treat LOL. We also stayed at FLL Embassy Suites for the first a few weeks ago before our cruise and that was great too. Nice managers reception at night great breakfast, room with balcony (we could see the ships at port) plus you are near restaurants, shopping etc. I think it all depends on want you want to do while you are there. Don't think you can go wrong either way. Although Im not sure with Princess you can ask for specific rooms. Might want to check that out especially if you stay at the Sheraton

Edited by CFD130

Thank you so much Marie 51 & CFD130 for such a quick reply.

The only reason I booked through Princess is because we are flying into Miami and just wanted them to organise the transfers for ease.

I will try to email the hotel to see if we can get a beach tower room.

Thanks again

Aline

Yes, if you stay there I'd only look at the rooms on the beach side of the road. Not sure which block of rooms Princess offers. Find out that and your decision will be easier.

We like to see beach asap when arriving from the midwest. So altho Embassy Suites is popular and has a nice pool area, we wouldn't stay as the area is pretty generic and busy.

Edited by eandj

• 2 weeks later...

Special Note: The Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel is being sold to the B Hotels & Resorts (franchise) luxury chain and will be renamed "The B Ocean Resort", effective December 2, 2014. This also means that the hotel will no longer be part of the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) program, as of that date. I am sure that there will be substantial rebranding of the property within the first 30 days. Also, WiFi will be free to all guests. I am reasonably confident that accomodation standards will either remain the same or improve. I am booked to stay there in December and have no plans to change my 2 reservations.

• 1 month later...