Flight Delay Barbados

cruisebore

The outgoing flight did not leave until 0715 this morning. Ventura is still waiting in Barbados for the passengers to arrive and to disembark those flying back. So the outgoing passengers missed one night on board and the returning passengers had an extra night on board. I presume both sets of passengers will be able to claim the maximum €600 for the delays.

Brian

Edited by BrianI

Ventura's webcam is down, what a coincidence. Grenada overnight will not be a problem. As for those who boarded Friday & Saturday, many will have preferred the extra day in Barbados to a sea day.

We disembarked yesterday and heard that Ventura was to sail last night and then return to Bridgetown today to pick up remaining passengers.A logisitical nightmare for everyone. We had 4 table companions on the outbound flight so will wait till they return to find out more. They had to go to Arena at 12 noon yesterday to be told they weren't flying, just an hour before they were due to disembark:(

As ever T. Cook plane had problems. 24 hour delay. Sat at Barbados airport waiting to depart 1.45. Plane just arrived from uk, Ventura had to come back to Barbados this morning.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As ever T. Cook plane had problems. 24 hour delay. Sat at Barbados airport waiting to depart 1.45. Plane just arrived from uk, Ventura had to come back to Barbados this morning.....

Presumably all your luggage was at the airport. How well or otherwise did P&O manage the situation?

We had a similar situation 5 years ago after a Ventura cruise. The Thomsons flight had problems and we were taken late afternoon from the ship to a hotel on Barbados for the night. We were collected early next morning and finally flew back the following day.

We were allowed access to our luggage for some overnight essentials. Hotel was fine and food alright.

It never entered our heads to seek compensation thinking back.

Presumably all your luggage was at the airport. How well or otherwise did P&O manage the situation?

Situation was handled well,even though we were notified only 30 mins before we were due to leave the ship. Luggage was brought back to us and we were all allocated a cabin for the night. We left the ship mid morning and arrived back this morning. Does cause some inconvenience as I have had to book another days holiday and my other half will have be off without pay as he has no holidays left.