Question for parents who cruised with a toddler

love2traveljen

We've been cruising with our son since he was 11 months. When we was that age I'd pack each outfit in a gallon zip lock and label it with the occasion and day of the week so all I had to do was pull a baggie outfit out and worry about finding the matching shirt, shoes, socks as we were rushing to get ready.

Here's other things I used to bring:

1. Wipes

2. Diapers

3. Blue painter tape for marking off his play area and also for making a line that he couldn't go past on the balcony.

4. Door alarm x 2

5. Every child medication that he might ever need

6. Juice, snacks, milk to keep in our cabin

7. A special snack to keep him quiet and still during the muster

8. Disposable high chair or table covers

9. A stroller with a tray

10. Car seat

Having done 4 cruises with a kid under 4.... it gets easier each time! LOL

1. Goldfish if you can't live without them.

2. Umbrella Stroller with at least one hangy hook thing on it

3. Small bag to put on hangy hook with "stuff" for the toddler and sippy cup/water bottle

4. Sunscreen

5. Benedryl

6. Blow up bathtub was nice once but more of a pain. No ship I've been on will kick you off the ledge around the pool if you're just splashing around and not sitting.

7. Patience

8. LOVED having her toddler silverware until the last cruise (3.5 yrs)

9. Duct tape, clothes pins: Use a small piece of tape to secure the pins to the mirror, window, or wall or wherever - you can clip the daily stuff out of reach or shore excursion tickets, or whatever. I find we even use them for damp swimsuits. I am sensitive about that stuff pulling the wall treatments off.....

It is fun to let them run all over during the day - like the nighclub and main showroom. When no one is in there using it for something, it's a great place to explore.

I do like the blue tape on the floor to outline "ok areas" to play.

It's been hit or miss for us getting crayons at dinner. May not be bad to bring your own if that keeps your little one's attention.

Things I always pack still:

Glow sticks (bracelets), bubbles, a couple of new sand toys, floatie thing for beach, beach umbrella (LOVE my Rio Beach Portable Sun Shelter - amazon it - WORTH EVERY DIME), diapers for night even though she's potty trained (she gets more worn out on the big boat), a pack of apple juice boxes - I take one or two when we go off the boat, sunscreen, sunburn spray (thankfully never used), crayons - I can always find something to color on, her Nook (non-internet use games).

What are the sleeping arrangements? A while ago, someone posted a picture of making a small bedroom around the crib using magnets on the ceiling and stringing a shower curtain on it. Gave a sense of privacy for parents and child. Another posted about making a bedroom under the desk with pillows and folded comforter. She said the child really liked it!

I hadn't seen this tip yet! Thanks! :)