Star Princess Elite laundry wait time

sonnenschein

We will be on the Star on Friday for our 10 day Mexico cruise. On previous cruises we received our laundry back the next day (we are elite) now I am reading that it can take up to 72 hours. I am just sorting out my DH under shirts which he wears to bed and because he sleeps hot changes about 3 times during the night. Wondering how many I need to pack.:confused: It was never a problem before since we got our laundry back the next day. Could you please let me know how long it takes on the Star. Thanks a lot for your help, sonnenschein

We will be on the Star on Friday for our 10 day Mexico cruise. On previous cruises we received our laundry back the next day (we are elite) now I am reading that it can take up to 72 hours. I am just sorting out my DH under shirts which he wears to bed and because he sleeps hot changes about 3 times during the night. Wondering how many I need to pack.:confused: It was never a problem before since we got our laundry back the next day. Could you please let me know how long it takes on the Star. Thanks a lot for your help, sonnenschein

I was on Star Princess in June. Elite laundry was always returned the next day. I think Princess is hedging their bets when a particular voyage has many Elites aboard.

Laundry is still USUALLY returned the next day. The problem has been that on certain very popular cruises that attracted a much larger number of Elites than normal, service was slower.

The Grand around South America and the Inaugural Royal cruises last year and the inaugural cruises for the Regal this year all had over 1000 Elites.

We were on a 10 day Mexico cruise on the Grand in March and on a Grand Med cruise on the Regal in September and Elite laundry turnaround was one day on both cruises. As others have said, it depends upon the number of Elites onboard, and how much laundry they send out. It will probably take longer than 3 days on the 50th Anniversary cruise on the Pacific in December of 2015 with the percentage of Elites that appear to be on that cruise :eek:

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a slob and drool when I eat. So most of my food ends up on my shirt. Although I'm not an Elite, it was same day turnaround last time for 4 dress shirts, all starched and pressed. Returned on hangers. :). Tipped our Stateroom Attendant above and beyond for the outstanding service.

Good luck.

Edited by Kingofcool1947