Shore Excursions in Europe

bigdawgs

I use Viator quite regularly when travelling. My experience is really good. They use good tour companies. You get your voucher with all the details emailed immediately after the booking is finished (and paid - you pay in full using a credit card). Their cancellation policy is quite generous. I just cancelled a tour which I had booked for my upcoming Australia/NZ cruise and got a 100% refund immediately. Customer Service via email answered my questions really quickly within less than 3 days.

Never had any issues on the tours. All the tours I have been on went exactly as described at Viator´s website. Prices are good. If you compare Viator´s prices to the prices shown at the tour operators themselves Viator never has prices higher than the operators when booking directly. Viator saves you the work of trying to find out which operators are at the place you are going to.

What I like about them, too, is that you can pay in a currency of your choice. I even paid my tours for the U.S. and Canada in Euros and was able to save currency exchange fees my credit card company would have charged.

And for us cruisers they have many tours with that "worry free cruise ship guarantee" which makes sure you are back at the ship in time. Some tours even have a refund with that guarantee if the ship doesn´t come into port as scheduled. Never had to give the guarantee a try but felt it was nice to have it.

So far I went on Viator´s tours in Europe, Canada and the U.S.

Has anyone used Viator? If so, how did it work out?

Larry

We have used them extensively over the last 10 years on various land and cruise holidays around the world and can concur with comments of other responders. We used them this year for land holiday to Japan. Previous year used them whilst on holidays in Venice and Alaska. We were particularly impressed with them for several private tours when cruising along Italian coast especially as we managed to arrive and climb the Leaning Tower of Pisa as it opened and left for Florence just as various coach tours arrived at Pisa. Will book some of their tours for July 2015 Baltic cruise with Celebrity.