Private Chankanaab tour better than RCI's?

spazzyjanet

I'm looking to do this for my family of 6 (kids aged 10,8, and 5) on New Years' Day 2016. RCI's excursion on Allure gets rave reviews and is $109/person and lasts about 3.5 hours.

Do you know of any tours that are offered privately that get even better reviews? Saving money would be nice, but I am primarily focused on quality and enjoyment. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I'm looking to do this for my family of 6 (kids aged 10,8, and 5) on New Years' Day 2016. RCI's excursion on Allure gets rave reviews and is $109/person and lasts about 3.5 hours.

Do you know of any tours that are offered privately that get even better reviews? Saving money would be nice, but I am primarily focused on quality and enjoyment. Any suggestions? Thanks!

We were staying in playa del carmen and took the ferry to cozumel and went to chakanaab park. I believe the taxi was less than $20 and it was a short ride and there were plenty of taxis when you were ready to return to the port.

There is a $2.00 coupon you can use to save money as well.

There are also links to tour groups as well on this website.

http://cozumelinsider.com/chankanaab

Hope this helps.

Entrance to the park includes the Sea Lion show, but not swimming with the dolphins (or sea lions, or manatees).

If your ship tour includes swimming with the (insert name of animal here) then you might be closer to the price of doing it on your own. But you can also purchase this at the park.

Cozumel is one of those ports where there is little chance of the ship leaving you (unless you happen to pass out somewhere). Taxi from the pier to the park is about $10 and there are a line of cabs waiting to take you back. The ride is less than 10 minutes (you can see the ships from the park).

I'd recommend just doing it on your own.

Seriously, is there really no difference between a $20 cab ride and a $109 tour through RCI?

Dolphin Push, Pull and Swim, Manatee Interaction at Chankanaab - CZ79

s.gif

Activity Type: Wilderness & Wildlife Tours | Shows & Entertainment | Beach and/or Water-Related Activities | Adventure Tours

s.gif

Approximate Duration: 3 hour(s) 30 minute(s)

s.gif

Prices starting from:

*105.75 USD (Adult)

*105.75 USD (Child)

Highlights:

• Dolphin Swim: Take a joyous boogie board ride, swim with, and even kiss a beautiful and friendly dolphin.

• Manatee Interaction: Interact with the rarely accessible manatee in deeper water.

• Sea Lion Show: Watch this hilarious and loveable animal perform for you.

====

The above is what you are referring to.

Below is what the basic, cab there and pay $20 per person should be compared to.

=====

Chankanaab Shore Snorkel & Sea Lion Show - CZT4

s.gif

Activity Type: Adventure Tours | Snorkel & SCUBA Tours | Beach and/or Water-Related Activities

s.gif

Approximate Duration: 4 hour(s)

s.gif

Prices starting from:

*45.75 USD (Adult)

*35.75 USD (Child)