Leg Veins

What do you do about leg veins? I don't mean varicose veins or spider veins--I mean the ordinary blue things that carry blood to and from. I have very fair skin so maybe that's why mine seem so prominent plus I have relatively thin legs, but now that bare legs are the style even when wearing dresses suddenly my legs look to my eyes to be living road maps. Those nubile young models in fashion pages apparently don't have blood vessels b/c their legs are smooth and vein-free.

Funny thing, I've been walking on these legs for yrs and yrs but just really looked at them. icon_wink.gif What to do? Join the crowd? Try to sell billboards on these walking Rand-McNallys? Am I alone?

M/R

You're most certainly not alone. My skin is very fair and translucent, and I have this same problem with my chest and upper arms. Legs too, but not as much.

Honestly though? I don't do anything about it. I hate the thought of applying body makeup all over, although a self-tanner might help tone down the look of them a little bit. When I wear a short skirt, I just stick with pantyhose to help hide them.

Katie

"I'm currently out of my mind, but please feel free to leave a message..."

I don't have the type of veins you are talking about, but I do have my share of spider veins. Fortunately, most of mine are at the tops of my legs, so they can hide under shorts and skirts. I pretty much just ignore them, I've gotten to the point where I believe what I always tell my kids. If someone has a problem with the way you look, it's their problem, be comfortable with who you are. Now, mind you, I'm pretty conservative, not someone who would stand out in a crowd. I dress what I consider to be appropriate and I try to disguise what I am not comfortable with. But I refuse to wear long pants or a long skirt just because someone else may not like seeing a few of my veins. I suppose I should get some of those billboards ready.

Kathy

Archived