Palancar & Columbia Reef Snorkeling - Should i book through RCL or go pvt ?

ddmr14

Have read great reviews about Palancar & Columbia Reef snorkeling. RCL shore excursions does not say which reef as part of their excursion. Wondering I should book outside the ship but which tour company as there are tons of different ones.

Eagle Ray Divers, one of the better if not the best snorkel/dive companies in Coz, can go to both of these on their 3 reef snorkel/dive excursions. They have a selection of reefs they use depending onthe customers experience and the water conditions. They run around $60-$70 pp for their excursions. Plus cab fare from the cruise ship dock. ($7-$10 pp each way). Not sure of RCCL's provider's flexibility on reefs. this gives you an idea of the costs and differences. Google Eagle Ray Divers for information.

• 5 weeks later...

hello ddmr14

hope you dont mind me hacking or soliciting on your thread

looking for similar info and started the following thread. My question is from the NCL Sun

Posters: after responding here, please also review and advise on my thread as well. kind regards

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2136608

"Which tour for Most Snorkel Time and Value for experienced snorkler?"

Edited by kullamon

one private tour "company" idea option which I did not mention in my thread that I have seen from others is go to playa palancar and hire someone from there for about $35US taking you to palancar and columbia reefs about 1.5-2hrs of course would need to remember to factor in RT cab fare to the playa as well