Pacific Princess--Need Advice

lwnbwlr

I'm considering the Pacific Princess 27 day cruise from Bankok to Capetown in 2006. The only problem I have is the size of the ship (640 pax) versus the 17 sea days on this cruise. I love cruising but by the 15th sea day I'm sure that I'll be on personal terms with every board on the promenade deck.

For those who have spent many sea days on the Pacific Princess were you bored to death and, if not, how did you occupy your time? Did the CD have any special activities given the large number of sea days? Your help is appreciated.

We did Tahiti to Sydney, 11-03, on Pacific Princess (new), and loved the sea days and this ship. (I am a fan of the smaller ships).

We had perhaps 6 or 8 sea days - don't recall at the moment - and I for one was not bored once. There were plenty of activities to choose from, or quiet times if you preferred. I am very content with a good chair, good view, and good book, reading, watching people & scenery.

We have considered longer trips on Pacific Princess, and would love to do Capetown/Bangkok or somesuch.

Our longest to date was last voyage of Sky Princess as a Princess ship, 9-00, San Francisco/Sydney, 27 nights, and loved it, sea days and all! It was a WW2 Pacific Theater of War cruise, and very well done. Again, I have never been bored with sea days.

This is a good ship that does exotic cruises. I do hope you have elite status for the free laundry and dry cleaning as this will help. Arlene who was on my Star Transatlantic is doing this cruise combined with the one before for 46 days and loves this ship. I have done 23 day cruises before with a lots of sea day and was not bored. I understand the dress code on this ship is also a little more relaxed. I would go go for it if the price is right. Princess will keep this ship on the exotics as they cannot fill up a larger ship on these cruises which is one of the reasons we lost the Royal. I will be on this ship in the future when I retire in 2007.

I returned a few weeks ago from the Bangkok to Beijing itinerary on Pacific Princess. If it would help you, I would be happy to make copies of our Patters and send them to you. I don’t have the capability to scan them right now, but if someone wants to do this and post them I would be happy to copy and send them.

I can’t really say if a person would be bored or not. Many of the activities were not of interest to me or my husband, but we didn’t care because we were thrilled to get time to read. One thing that I really enjoyed on this ship was the fact that we had a small balcony. The weather was so hot that we could not handle the heat poolside and on sea days there was a good breeze on our balcony that made it very pleasant.

And about laundry…there is only one laundry room on the ship. It is busy, hot and on our cruise there were some folk that made it a very negative experience getting laundry done. I was told that two fistfights broke out in the room during the trip – and I actually believe it given what I witnessed on some days.

If you want me to send copies of the Patters, email me at leslie.godbe@gmail.com

This is a good ship that does exotic cruises. I do hope I will be on this ship in the future when I retire in 2007.

2007 and beyond cruising on the Pacific Princess???... NOT TO BE.......

Princess cancelled my 4 booked Pacific Princess Cruises for 2007 and returned the ship to P&O for the entire 2007 year...:mad:

Who knows if we will see her back with Princess in 2008???

I am still 'reeling" from that fiasco. :( ....I love the ship and was looking forward to many long cruises on her....

GotToCruise

Since someone mentioned my name I suppose I'd better report in. I boarded the Pacific Princess on July 26th and will be on until September 10th. If you expect all kinds of activities like the big ships........NO, you won't get them. What is boredom to some, is relaxation to others. My husband attends all the computer lectures/classes while I OTOH prefer to wile away my time reading and spending too much time on the web. There are other lectures going on, none to my liking. I am avidly into trivia and we do have at least two of those daily. Somehow the days pass very quickly. Every time I turn around it's dinnertime. :)

The Pacific is a nice friendly ship and yes, you will know lots of people very quickly. Or not. That's up to you too. As Renee previously stated, our 68 day 2007 got "smooshed." So, if you'd like to sail on the Pacific you'd better make your reservation STAT. Could be it might never come back.

Arlene

Archived