Does Carnival ever have a reduced deposit sale?

Christine in MO

I am really wanting to get our cruise for next fall booked (so I have an official countdown LOL). In the past I thought the deposit was $250 pp but when I did a mock booking it was $300 pp Maybe that is because I am looking at booking an 8 day so the deposit is higher? Anyway a reduced deposit sale would be WONDERFUL!!!! Does Carnival ever do that? TIA

They do but there's no regularity to them (like any other "sale"). Some promos have been a 50% deposit or the really good one I snagged with last year's booking - $50pp deposit. I suspect the latter is much more rare than the other which I have seen a few times in the last 12 months.

If you are not picky about a specific limited-availability cabin, you might just have to "wait it out" for one of the better sales/promos. Kind of a bummer I know but if you are specifically looking for a reduced-deposit booking you could have a wait on your hands. Best of luck!

ps - yes, the 8-day deposit is $300 (shorter is $250)

Edited by KevInPitt

Not sure if it was the most recent one they had, but when we booked our Bermuda cruise, they were having a 50% deposit sale, but the fare was very restrictive when it came to possibly cancelling (outside the penalty period).

I'm not sure how he did it, but my PVP was able to create a sort of "hybrid" that got us the reduced rate deposit, the (small amount of) OBC that came with the promo rate, but still keep it as an early saver rate, so if there are drops (there likely won't be, but just in case), we'd be able to cash in. Also, the $50pp loss for cancelling would apply, but that's still better than the restrictions on that original fare.

If you do come across a reduced rate, keep that sort of thing in mind, and I recommend going through your PVP to see if there's anything like that available.

I'm not sure how he did it, but my PVP was able to create a sort of "hybrid" that got us the reduced rate deposit, the (small amount of) OBC that came with the promo rate, but still keep it as an early saver rate, so if there are drops (there likely won't be, but just in case), we'd be able to cash in. Also, the $50pp loss for cancelling would apply, but that's still better than the restrictions on that original fare.

It's not a hybrid. The latest 50% reduced deposits were all Early Saver. That's CCL's way to ensure people will not cancel massively, like they did with the $50 deposit promo earlier.

So, you get the reduced deposit and you're also price protected up until 2 days before sailing. You can book any way you wish to get this promo, when Carnival is running it.