Great cruise on Scenic!

findacruise

We just returned last week from a wonderful cruise on the Scenic Pearl. If anyone is planning to take this cruise next year, I would be glad to answer specific questions. We had a wonderful time. The ship was just over 1/2 full - it was the last cruise of the season. We were very surprised, as on the US website for Scenic, this cruise had shown sold out for at least 6 weeks prior! We learned that the way the markets are allocated, the US market currently does not get very many cabins.I mentioned to the cruise director that this isn't a very good way to try to build US business. (They have just opened a Chicago office) So if a category or cruise is showing sold out and you are from the US and want to go, contact your TA to pursue it.

We found the ship to be spotless, the crew and passengers extremely friendly, service excellent and food good. Of course, not as many choices as on an ocean vessel, but we didn't lack for food! The bar was well stocked and had premium beverages. The entertainment, IMO, was average, but what we expected. We enjoyed the shore excursions, except for one, and it has been eliminated from next year's itinerary. Two of the Free Choices were special highlights - a trip to the F! track at Hochenheim and the Delta Works and Surge Protector in the Netherlands. The two evening outings were both enjoyable. The night we could choose in the Netherlands between 3 restaurants was a success with all the passengers we spoke to. The food was outstanding and plentiful.

The flexibility of the captain and crew was great. On November 1 it was about 70 degrees so they decided to have a lunch BBQ on the deck and got out the umbrellas, grill etc and moved upstairs to the deck. It was great. They also worked out for us to get in to Amsterdam early on the last day so we had the entire afternoon and evening, instead of just the evening. Unexpected things like that added to our enjoyment. Our crusie director was outstanding and "on" all the time. He was also Mr Efficient when it came to helping my DH locate his missing wallet and when a passenger had to leave the ship and be taken to a hospital in Cologne.

The tranfers to and from the ship were very well handled and everything taken care of by Scenic, including reconfirming our flights. No worries! Our TA, to our surprise when we boarded, had upgraded us to the Royal Panorama Suite! What amazing views and space. My only caution is that we did feel some vibration at times since it is at the back of the ship. And on occasion, we could smell some fuel when we were in port and the engines were running and our balcony window was open.

We will not hesitate to book with with Scenic again, probably to do one of the France cruises.

and under member review ,I hope.

Just recommended Scenic to above poster asking for luxury brand. Mentioned so few post due to relatively new to US markets and top of the line.

I agree, once you TRY them its hard to go back to others.

Also, have a north France one booked for next May on them.:D

Yes, I did member review also, but it's not quite this lengthy and it was edited a little bit. I also had trouble finding information when I was researching. We did Normandy area by land as our first trip to Europe after we retired. My husband is "into" WWII. I still get goosebumps thinking about visiting the American cemetery. I imagine it will be a great trip by ship. Enjoy.

but,sadly, not with Scenic. Enjoyed it but sure one you ll take with them will be much better.

Glad you also posted Member review, since so few do because new US market.

Almost regret talking about how great they are,because its so hard to get on one since they sell out so fast.

Funny, my DH also a WW buff.