Looking to cruise out of Hong Kong

mugtech

We took a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on Mariner of the Seas in 2007 and had a great cruise. We are now looking to take an 8 or 10 day cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore. Unfortunately the reviews I have read on the ships available, Legend and Voyager, have been very negative. I know they are 20th century ships, but we sailed the 18 year old Norwegian Spirit on the Med in May and enjoyed it very much, not looking for or looking to pay for the WOW factor. It sounds like the older ships, as happened with NCL, are losing their best crew members to the newer ships. Any incite or tips in this area would be greatly appreciated

Last year we cruised from Singapore to Shanghai via Vietnam, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea on the Mariner. We had a wonderful trip and we were the first ship to use the new Terminal (the old airport) at Hong Kong. As RCI is a part owner there was a lot of fuss and fanfare and we were presented with a metal casting of the ship to mark the celebration.

I can't comment on the Voyager or the Legend, but you would know the Mariner is the same class as the Voyager. I believe that the Voyager has undergone refurbs, similar to the Mariner.

We had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to repeat the experience, even with another ship. It's all about the journey.

Last year we cruised from Singapore to Shanghai via Vietnam, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea on the Mariner. We had a wonderful trip and we were the first ship to use the new Terminal (the old airport) at Hong Kong. As RCI is a part owner there was a lot of fuss and fanfare and we were presented with a metal casting of the ship to mark the celebration.

I can't comment on the Voyager or the Legend, but you would know the Mariner is the same class as the Voyager. I believe that the Voyager has undergone refurbs, similar to the Mariner.

We had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to repeat the experience, even with another ship. It's all about the journey.

Thank you, I also believe that the itinerary is the most important element in planning a cruise, and Mariner was great 7 years ago, just would like to hear some current info on Legends also, saw that Voyager is in dry dock as we speak.

I was also on the Mariner from Singapore to Shanghai last year with my family. It was a great ship with wonderful staff. It was still undergoing some renovations then which finished just before we arrived in Shanghai, so the ship is quite "new". One of the biggest complaints of the Mariner voyage was around the ports that I heard whilst on the cruise (limited time or not the best organised tours). The actual ship was great.

Legend and Voyager were a bit older when first sent to Asia, hence the lower rated reviews. Legend has since had some upgrades and Voyager is currently undergoing a major refurbishment. I was on Legend before the upgrade and it was fine, so it must be great now.

I've been on Legend from Hong Kong to Singapore, Mariner from Singapore to Shanghai, and am booked on Voyager from Singapore to Tokyo in April next year. I've got no concerns what so ever about Mariner of cruises around HK and Singapore.

As mentioned, the Hong Kong port is at the new terminal. It takes a bit to walk through, but well signposted and organised.

What ever you decide, pick the right itinerary, go with a smile on your face :) and enjoy somewhere new.

David