Equinox Veranda Guarantee

Beachammo

Just booked my first Celebrity cruise last week while on the Liberty of the Seas TA. We will be sailing on the Equinox in April 2015 on a TA to Barcelona. I booked an ocean veranda guarantee, but after looking at the deck plans, I'm having second thoughts. Many veranda staterooms show as "obstructed view". So as a Celebrity virgin I've come over from the Royal board to get some opinions.

What do ya'll think?

Thanks!

Edited by Beachammo

Just booked my first Celebrity cruise last week while on the Liberty of the Seas TA. We will be sailing on the Equinox in April 2015 on a TA to Barcelona. I booked an ocean veranda guarantee, but after looking at the deck plans, I'm having second thoughts. Many veranda staterooms show as "obstructed view". So as a Celebrity virgin I've come over from the Royal board to get some opinions.

What do ya'll think?

Thanks!

The bottom line with any guaranty cabin is that you have to be OK with getting one of the cabins the lowest category - which is likely going to be obstructed.

There is always a chance for getting a better cabin, but you can never count on it.

If you are going to be unhappy with an obstructed veranda cabin, then pay a little more and pick an unobstructed cabin.

The guarantee cabins have the tops of the lifeboats outside your window. The 2D cabins are behind the lifeboats which are taller and the lifeboats will come up nearly to the tops of the railing. The 2c cabins the lifeboats are shorter and will come up to floor level or slightly higher. Whether it is worth it to book a specific cabin depends on your budget and the price difference between the categories.

What do ya'll think?

Thanks!

You never know, we booked a veranda guarantee and got a 1A slant off the hump cabin(one of the more desired rooms) on deck 7. I'm amazed someone hadn't already picked it.

We finalized a booking for this next January just last week on Reflection. The balcony guarantee attracted us until I learned of the potential obstructions.

When I talked it over with my TA it turned out that it was only $30 more to move to the B class which is no obstruction and where we had options to choose from available cabins.

Well worth the extra $30 to me to remove that doubt.

We finalized a booking for this next January just last week on Reflection. The balcony guarantee attracted us until I learned of the potential obstructions.

When I talked it over with my TA it turned out that it was only $30 more to move to the B class which is no obstruction and where we had options to choose from available cabins.

Well worth the extra $30 to me to remove that doubt.

$600 difference for us. Waiting to hear back from my TA