QUANTUM Maiden Crossing Photos!!

eroller

Eroller, thank you so much for posting all that you have for the Quantum. What a great gift for all of us to enjoy. What dedication, commitment, and selflessness. We just booked for February...and many of the reviews are not favorable from the maiden voyage. After seeing this...I'm not regretting the switch I made from sailing the Allure to Quantum. Did you notice if they split the flow rider in 2 w/ a bumper in middle so that 2 people can surf simultaneously?

Glad you enjoyed the photos! Don't worry, you will love QUANTUM. She is an awesome ship. Different than ALLURE but equally impressive in her own ways.

They did not split the Flowrider on this sailing. I'm sure they have the ability but no need on my crossing as the demand was light due to the weather.

Ernie,

As always, beautiful, high quality pictures that you obviously took much time to take, upload, label and post. Thank you for your time and attention to detail. Those of us with trips in our future and no photographic talent doubly thank you!!!

- Miriam

Thank you Miriam! Very nice of you to say.

Hi Ernie,

Well then, it sounds like, just maybe, that you'll also be booking Anthem of the Seas? ;)

I haven't been paying attention to all of the QotS details, so I don't pretend to understand Dynamic Dining. Guess I'll have to check out the RCI web site for details. I'm still a very casual diner, and prefer not having to make too many dinner reservations in advance like I did on Allure of the Seas.

I do like the overall look of Quantum of the Seas, and I'm guessing there won't be too many modifications in the next few ships in this class, with maybe the exception of a different 'non-reservation casual dining venue' here or there like what they did on Oasis and Allure in the Boardwalk area.

Hey David no plans for ANTHEM at this point, but who knows? I'm actually quite interested in the maiden voyage crossing of NORWEGIAN ESCAPE next Fall. Very similar to what I did on QUANTUM but the crossing ends in Miami which is even better for me! Regarding modifications to ANTHEM and OVATION, I'm not anticipating any besides a few minor tweaks. Keep in mind with Dynamic Dining all the included restaurants are casual except The Grande. Also note that none require reservations although you can if you want. Plenty of space for walk-ups at least on my sailing, with the exception of The Grande which was pretty booked up. Even so you could still walk up if you're willing to wait a bit, sit with others, or just go during a non-peak time. I loved Dynamic Dining and much prefer it over a single, massive MDR. I guess I'm changing with the times as I never thought I would really feel that way. The overall concept and execution is much better than what I have experienced with NCL's Freestyle dining concept. Generally I found the included restaurants on NCL to be bland and they all have the same menu. On QUANTUM it's so much better, because the quality, ambiance, menu selection, and choice of included venues are exceptional IMO.

Ernie,

You are the man. No one beats you at pictures so glad I saw your post!!! Sailing Dec 20 Xmas cruise, call me excited now. As a cruiseaholic I love all my cruises, since 1984 and I get ready, happy, etc but haven't excited in a while :)

George in NY

Ernie,

You are the man. No one beats you at pictures so glad I saw your post!!! Sailing Dec 20 Xmas cruise, call me excited now. As a cruiseaholic I love all my cruises, since 1984 and I get ready, happy, etc but haven't excited in a while :)

George in NY

Thanks George! QUANTUM is a ship to get excited about. She is really new and different and I'm sure you're going to love the experience.

Nice pics. Thank you!

The "coloring"/Color schemes/combination of colors are different to other RCCL ships. Looks more elegant in many ways but - as always it is a question of taste - I do not like it or need to adopt having been on quite a few other RCCL ships.

A little too much glamour, goldish etc.

Don't aim to complain, just my personal taste.

Does anyone know if the "coloring" of the Quantum class will remain the same on all 3 of them or is this slightly changed for Anthem and/or Ovation ?

As Oasis and Allure are the same in that aspect, I do hope that they do not keep this for Quantum class.

Edited by ChristianDecker