Regent Navigator..Feb. 26, 2015

Paul59

I just booked this cruise yesterday...I have not cruised on the Navigator before. I have been on both the Mariner and the Voyager, but not for some time.

Reading this board for the first time, in a long time, I am now concerned about a couple things. The posts about Regent being purchased by another cruise line concerns me. Also the report about the "brown water" on the Navigator. I hope the first is not true and that the water problem has been solved.

I would like to read any comments about the above. I would also like to meet and exchange greetings with anyone else on this cruise.

Paul59 - - -

We have cruised on all 3 Regent ships and on the Navigator several times.

We "discovered" Regent in 2009 and have never experienced "brown water" on the Navigator. I have read where folks have had issues with it. Some have commented that if they let the water run for a few minutes, it clears up just fine - - while others said it didn't go away for days.

I am not sure where their cabins were located.

We have always sailed in "forward" cabins and have experienced very little motion and no issues.

There is considerable vibration and noise in the aft, usually for short periods of time, and can be heard in the theater and certain cabins.

By the way, we are booked on this cruise as well.

There is already a Roll Call started.

Safe travels - - and see you on-board!

Patti

We are on navigator now in forward suite.

The aft does vibrate a lot more.not sure about any extra noise.

We have had brown water Everytime we run a bath.

Our biggest annoying issue is the sea days with sunshine.

Not enough sunbeds and very little shade.nowhere to sit outside except the pool area and a few seats if you are lucky behind gallileos lounge.it is a bundle for loungers.the shaded areas are next to tables for food or smokers.Also pool staff seem under staffed on these days and continually running out of towels.We are doing the Caribbean so nice and hot but I have found the sea days like a 3 star cruise and not very luxurious.

There is a lot positive things though.

Hi Paul,

We have just returned from a 15 night cruise on Navigator last week.Montreal to Miami. We had no problems at all with discoloration to the water.We were in a forward cabin. Our last cruise on Navigator was in 2009 and since then have sailed on either Mariner or Voyager. The ship was just as good as it was in 2009 and we both found this to be the friendliest cruise we have had.

We dined in all 3 venues and had excellent service and meals. The staff were most attentive and helpful, and we couldn't find fault with anything.Our weather was bitter cold, cold, then hot, so the pool area didn't feel congested to us.

We would happily board the Navigator again, yes there is vibration at the aft area but if you are in a forward suite you will not experience this. Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy the pre cruise run up.

Jean.