Gift Certificate/Coupon Credit

peachymom

I used my credit card rewards points to get an RCI gift Certificate. The certificate said on its face that it could be used for deposits or final payments. I also had a coupon from the Crown and Anchor. When I booked my cruise (with RCI, which the certificate said I had to do) the agent tried to tell me that I couldn't use it for a deposit. Well, anyway, he charged my credit card for the deposit and I mailed the certificate and the coupon to RCI. That was a three weeks ago. I recently checked with RCI and was told it didn't look like the certificate and coupon were credited to my account. How long should I wait before I start complaining? I did keep a copy of the certificate and coupon before I mailed them.

thanks

I've never heard of a certificate that can be used for the deposit. Most of the coupons that I have seen are taken out of the final payment amount. You may want to post this on the RC board because there are several people there that will have a better answer.

I received info on my rewards program from Discover that said we could double our rewards for a gift card from a member business. RCCL and Carnival both on that list. I had already charged the entire cruise and airfare on that card (+ all my gas this year-there is a hefty expense, figured I might as well get some money back)...anyway...so I figured that I would do this and use the RCCL card towards onboard expenses, such as drinks. I called about 2 weeks ago to check into redeeming my rewards and was told that the reward is only good toward the booking of a cruise and you do not receive a card or voucher to cover any expenses. Bummer!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived