Guarantee Booking Question

WiddyTwo

Hey everyone! First post to CC! I've been reading for quite a while but decided I should finally join/start posting.

I booked a trip on the Glory during the Halloween sale. I'm booked for a guarantee interior cabin on the January 31st sailing and haven't received my room assignment yet. I just went to do a mock booking and the only choice for interior rooms is to do a free upgrade to an OV room. This leads me to believe that all interior rooms are booked, correct?

Now for my question. Do they hold back enough interior rooms so that everyone that booked a guarantee room will get one or do they just sell the interior rooms to people that pick their own cabins and then upgrade the guarantee people? I know I won't get my room assignment for quite a while but I have 0 patience and am so excited to find out where I'll be! I'll be happy with anything because before the sale we were going to book an interior on the lowest deck to save money. Just wondering what my chances of an upgrade are! Thanks!

We also booked our first guarantee room for January on the Freedom. It was $240 for an 8 day cruise during the 12 sale and was too good of deal to pass u. I have read several places that the closer to sailing you receive your room assignment, the more likely you are to be upgraded to a higher deck interior or even an oceanview.

Hey everyone! First post to CC! I've been reading for quite a while but decided I should finally join/start posting.

I booked a trip on the Glory during the Halloween sale. I'm booked for a guarantee interior cabin on the January 31st sailing and haven't received my room assignment yet. I just went to do a mock booking and the only choice for interior rooms is to do a free upgrade to an OV room. This leads me to believe that all interior rooms are booked, correct?

Now for my question. Do they hold back enough interior rooms so that everyone that booked a guarantee room will get one or do they just sell the interior rooms to people that pick their own cabins and then upgrade the guarantee people? I know I won't get my room assignment for quite a while but I have 0 patience and am so excited to find out where I'll be! I'll be happy with anything because before the sale we were going to book an interior on the lowest deck to save money. Just wondering what my chances of an upgrade are! Thanks!

You can call and see if you can get that free upgrade to oceanview guarantee. It will not hurt to ask. You are parked some where on the ship.

Have you checked your actual boarding pass to see if there's a room assignment? I know on our upcoming cruise, I was checking my booking online and it kept saying "TBA". Pulled up my boarding pass, and sure enough, there it was.

Your guarantee will only get an upgrade in the category you booked in, (interior, ocean view etc. You will not get an upgrade from an interior to an ocean view, just a higher in the category you booked. The best you can look forward too will be from 1A to 4H. The best room in 4 H is on Lido deck near everything. We were upgraded to 9292 on Glory and felt this was the best interior on the ship. We have received our room assignment a month out and have received our room assignment at the port (not typical). Good luck.

Have you checked your actual boarding pass to see if there's a room assignment? I know on our upcoming cruise, I was checking my booking online and it kept saying "TBA". Pulled up my boarding pass, and sure enough, there it was.

its too soon for an assignment today for a sailing on 1/31

final payment is still a few days away

Edited by serene56

I just went to do a mock booking and the only choice for interior rooms is to do a free upgrade to an OV room. This leads me to believe that all interior rooms are booked, correct?

no, i just did a search and there is plenty of inside cabins. YOu will only see 5-7 maybe 9 but really no more. No cruise lines will show EVERY cabin that is available.

We booked about one month out at the lowest inside guarantee price. I was told our room would be assigned when we boarded. I went to the Carnival site and did my check-in and viola! My cabin was assigned within minutes. We are on deck seven, midship, inside of course...