something to do while in Civitivecchia

glittergal1

Hi I am cruising alone on MSC Splendida February 8th from Genoa our first port is Civitavecchia we are here 8am-6pm and I dont want to travel to Rome for such a short day , does anyone know of companies that offer a group tour I could join to somewhere other than Rome. I quite fancy a visit to Civita Di Bagnoregio if anyone knows of a tour here? or anywhere else ?

Hi Glittergal,

If you have a look at my signature there is a link to my ongoing review on Serenade of the Seas. We spent the day wandering around Civitavecchia and it is a nice little Italian town. There are a selection of photos also if you want to check it out.

Hi I am cruising alone on MSC Splendida February 8th from Genoa our first port is Civitavecchia we are here 8am-6pm and I dont want to travel to Rome for such a short day , does anyone know of companies that offer a group tour I could join to somewhere other than Rome. I quite fancy a visit to Civita Di Bagnoregio if anyone knows of a tour here? or anywhere else ?

We have used Stefano Costantini's Rome Cabs for tours to the Etruscan countryside & just last month to Rome once again. His Etruscan Mystery tour in the countryside is wonderful. You are picked up right at the ship in Civitavecchia & returned to the ship in plenty of time to board. You can adjust their schedule & even the itinerary. We have used Rome Cabs for the past 8 years & they are fantastic, so reliable & so economical especially if you are able to get others to join you. No deposit is required & your payment is made at the END of the tour.

Here is their website: www.stefanorometours.com Select Civitavecchia Cruise Port & you'll see the various tours offered. You can e-mail them with any questions.

Santa "scampi"

• 1 month later...

You can get the bus to Tarquina for about 1 Euro return, its only about 15/20 minutes away from Civitavecchia and well worth a visit. Tarquina is a lovely little walled town with an Eutruscan graveyard and loads of lovely restaurants and little shops. You can also get the train or bus to Santa Marinella just south of Civitavecchia. Santa Marinalla is a typical Italian seaside town with a lovely promenade, the trip costs about 3 euro on public transport, I think there is less history there than Tarquina or Civita. Hope you enjoy your trip.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

There is a small tourist road train, leaves from outside the cafés/restaurants on the promenade. It gives a guided tour around Civitivecchia and then goes out of town to , le terme taurine (? Spelling) Roman bath house ruins. You are given a short time to explore and then back on the train to continue guided tour back to civitavecchia. It was probably about hour and a half in total if my memory served me right and it was only a few euros each. If you find nothing else, rather than staying on the ship this might be a nice outing - we enjoyed it!

why not connect with this lady that I just so happened to find on Tripadvisor as she is on the same cruise as you ...

http://www.tripadvisor.co.za/ShowTopic-g187890-i418-k7999386-Cruise_Splendida_10th_February-Palermo_Province_of_Palermo_Sicily.html#63334289

Edited by huggiebear