Thomson Majesty - The Italian Job/Adriatic Explorer

Mrs G and I are seriously considering the above cruise for next year.

We have been on 3 cruises, but only ever on the Celebration (coinceidence rather than design!). I know one of the other threads was a bit negative about the Majesty (layout, cabin quality) so I was looking for suggestions about what we need to know.

We usually book our cabin, but as we spend most of the time out of it, we were thinking inside this time, with Deck 6-8 being the preferred. Can anyone suggest any good cabins that aren't far from the restaurants/bars etc (I don't want to stagger too far!)? We don't mind the quirky shaped ones that offer a little more room.

What about the bars and restaurants? We are fairly ambivalent about it being a different ship, as it's the itinery we want, but any background info about what it is like aboard the Majesty would be appreciated.

Cheers!!!! ;)

We have had two great cruises on Majesty and booked the Italian Job for next June.

The only problem with the Majesty is that the theatre is more of a show lounge and has a lot of obstructed view seats so get there early :)

Adriatiac Explorer is a fabulous itinerary :)

We love the Majesty, go for it :)

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

We have had two great cruises on Majesty and booked the Italian Job for next June.

The only problem with the Majesty is that the theatre is more of a show lounge and has a lot of obstructed view seats so get there early :)

Adriatiac Explorer is a fabulous itinerary :)

We love the Majesty, go for it :)

Thanks for the tips Linda, just had a look, and a 3/4 inside plus is cheaper than a 6/8 inside. Gracias!!! :) Not so worried about the shows. We never really made a rush to get to them, popping to Liberties to Top Men usually first, with the second showing if it was something we fancied seeing.:cool:

We tend to go to the shows every night after dinner, but last time we missed a couple and went to Royal Fireworks and Royal Observatory. Having been on Thomson cruises 9 times, we must have seen most of the shows several times :rolleyes:

I think next time we shall do more bars and less shows, may even get DH up to dance, lol. :D:D

3/4 inside plus is a good idea, I would advise you to book somewhere midships for stability.

Musik Unlimited are the house band and should be back onboard next year after a winter break. They are excellent, even better than Top Men in my opinion. They do half an hour in the showlounge before each show starts (so much better than just playing CD's whilst you wait for the show) they then go into Polo Lounge most nights to do a late night set.

There will be a pianist/singer playing in Rendezvous every night, the two we have seen in the past have both been very good.

There are 2 MDR's, four seasons is the smaller one, we preferred it over the larger seven seas, but you should try both.

As Linda says the Adriatic is a wonderful itinerary, esp if you have done the med and Greek islands a few times and are looking for something different.

We tend to go to the shows every night after dinner, but last time we missed a couple and went to Royal Fireworks and Royal Observatory. Having been on Thomson cruises 9 times, we must have seen most of the shows several times :rolleyes:

I think next time we shall do more bars and less shows, may even get DH up to dance, lol. :D:D

Thanks Linda, not sure about the dancing bit #twoleftfeetandarightelbow

3/4 inside plus is a good idea, I would advise you to book somewhere midships for stability.

Musik Unlimited are the house band and should be back onboard next year after a winter break. They are excellent, even better than Top Men in my opinion. They do half an hour in the showlounge before each show starts (so much better than just playing CD's whilst you wait for the show) they then go into Polo Lounge most nights to do a late night set.

There will be a pianist/singer playing in Rendezvous every night, the two we have seen in the past have both been very good.

There are 2 MDR's, four seasons is the smaller one, we preferred it over the larger seven seas, but you should try both.

As Linda says the Adriatic is a wonderful itinerary, esp if you have done the med and Greek islands a few times and are looking for something different.

Cheers Joe, thanks for the tips. We did the Greek Islands this year as Gems of the Aegean and Ancient Wonders back to back, and really wanted Italy, Croatia and Venice so this is perfect for us. :)