Swimsuit question where to change?

Hello everyone here is a question that we could use some help on as I have never seen anything similar on the boards. My DW and I will be on the Mariner of the Seas in 2 weeks, and we will be on the Godfrey tour of St.Thomas. My question is this... How do you handle changing into swimsuits when it it time to go to the beach? Do you bring them with you in a tote or wear them on the tour for the day? Or are there facilities to change into swimwear at any of the beaches. Sure would like to know how others handle this. Now on Coco Cay its swimsuit off the ship to the island but what about when you are on a tour (shopping etc) and then off to the beach. Thanks you guys for any help 2 weeks to Mariner!!!

I have done it both ways. Depending on which beach you are going to. I have worn my suit under my clothes and have changed at the beach. They have freshwater showers for after. Coco Cay has change rooms at least that is what others have said.

We generally just wear our swimsuits under our clothes in those instances. :)

If you're worried about having wet swimsuits and doing something else after the beach part, bring some dry underwear and just change back (in whatever restroom is available) for the last part of your tour.

But for the most part, wearing swim clothes underneath is the way to go. :)

I know on Godfrey Tours (I think it was Saphire Beach or wherever that beach is that has the underground museum) has restrooms and/or a eating place here to change into. I just checked out the beach so I don't remember what facilities are there but there are some buildings there also.

We went to Saphire beach (though I don't think there was an underground museum there:confused: ) and there were places to change (it is connected to a hotel) but we just wore our suits under our clothes.

I don't know if I would recommend Saphire beach. There is lots there- you can rent snorkel equipment (though we did not find the snorkelling to be that good) and a restaurant (though the woman there was very rude and had stopped serving food by the time Godfrey dropped us off- first rude person I have EVER encountered in the islands!) and drinks were expensive and it took a long time to get one (again- you are at a hotel, so there are a lot of guests).

Next time we would go to Coki. I'm not sure what services there are there but we did see food stands and I know if you go to Coral World (there is an entrance fee) there are lockers you can use for the day so you could change there.

No matter which beach you choose you will LOVE Godfrey's tour- he's great and you see a lot for such a reasonable price.

Cheers,

We did a tour with Godfrey last February. It was great!

I wore my bathing suits under shorts and a t-shirt; my DH and DSx2 wore theirs as shorts and threw on t-shirts. We didn't even consider changing. We had less to carry and worry about.

Just curious, honest, why would you consider wearing clothes and changing into suits at the beach? I guess I never thought to do that. When we go to the beach at home, we wear our suits under clothes.

Hello everyone here is a question that we could use some help on as I have never seen anything similar on the boards. My DW and I will be on the Mariner of the Seas in 2 weeks, and we will be on the Godfrey tour of St.Thomas. My question is this... How do you handle changing into swimsuits when it it time to go to the beach? Do you bring them with you in a tote or wear them on the tour for the day? Or are there facilities to change into swimwear at any of the beaches. Sure would like to know how others handle this. Now on Coco Cay its swimsuit off the ship to the island but what about when you are on a tour (shopping etc) and then off to the beach. Thanks you guys for any help 2 weeks to Mariner!!!

Go to Coki...Wear swimsuit under clothig, . Godfrey is great did a tour last March. There are restrooms at Coki if you do need to change. some food available and people walking around on the beach from the beachbar serving drinks (about $5 with tip). Water clear and clean not alot of fish but fun to snorkle about anyway..rental available.

Godfrey's tour is great. We wore (women) swimsuits under out clothes. We had enough time at the beach to be able to have our suits dry out, but we could have gone to a restroom and have changed. We went to Sapphire Beach. Be sure to have your camera with you as the pics from being up on the mountain looking down on the beaches are wonderful.

Katie

Archived