Cave tubing in April=low water?

rwannenmacher

Is the river used for cave tubing affected at all by the dry season? We are planning a trip in April and would like to know if water levels could vary with the lack of rain, since April is the driest month. This happened to us a couple years ago in Jamaica (going tubing in April) and the river was nothing but a series of connected near stagnant pools.

It's possible. Depends on the total rainfall in the rainy season and how dry the dry season is. North Belize typically gets around 2 inches of rain a month from March through May. There have been reports on CC of people having "bumpy" rides. But we've cavetubed in late April and early May and the water levels while low were still adequate for tube support and for people to jump off the local cliff into the water at the end of the run.

Thanks Crewsweeper. In the pictures I've seen of the river, the flow looks plenty strong and enough to move you along. I just wasn't sure if the flow is somewhat constant or not throughout the year.

I hadn't seen any other threads about low water in the dry months. It may just come down to the specific day we are there and how the weather was the prior days.