port of Manaus

geertje

We are going with the Braemar on an Amazon cruise in february 2006. we are planning a jungle tour on our own. For the pick up, we need to know where the cruiseship port is in Manaus. Hope someone can help us. Greetings from the Netherlands Geertje

Perhaps I am being a bit naive, but most tour operators will know where the ships dock and will get the more specific info from the port authorities. Giving them the date and name of the ship, they should be waiting for you. Have a wonderful time.

Please note that if your cruise includes a visit to a native village, it would be a good idea to bring with you some colored markers or crayons and pads of paper. They will be looking for something and candy is not necessarily great for them.

Fran

Thank you for your answers. I did ask my TA and all they gave was the excursions but not where the cruiseterminal or cruise port is. We can get a transportation from the cruise port but we don't know where it is. I hope someone can tell us where it is. Greetings from the Netherlands Geertje

We were there like two years ago and our ship docked at a real dock basically at the center of Manaus. It is even set up for cruise ships with good security such that if you are meeting an independent tour provider, you might have to go out of security to meet them.

We, and another couple whom we met on CC, chartered a river boat for a day of going up tributaries and various places which was very interesting. Started out with a quick tour of the "market" that was fascinating, and then of course a tour of the Opera House before embarking on the river boat. This was well worth it and as I recall, did not cost very much for the 4 of us (lunch that was provided was far better than what we had been having on the ship we were on, just plain Brazilian home cooking). The owner is an American who married a woman from Manaus which is why he is there now as he loves that area. Should anyone be interested, I could look up contact information in our travel log for this guy's e-mail address. Randy

We looked around and I'm almost positive that this is the company (although they have slightly changed the company name). At the time we did it they were still renovating the river boat which now seems to be complete. Good luck, as we really did enjoy that day and wish we had had two days to possibly have included a longer over night further up the river.

http://www.swallowsandamazonstours.com/adventures.htm

Archived