An entire bag full for $15.00

lindabelll

Someone told me they heard on certain days you can get an entire bag full of laundry done on the ship for a flat $15.00. Has anyone else heard this? It would be great not to bring an entire suitcase full of dirty laundry home.:)

Someone told me they heard on certain days you can get an entire bag full of laundry done on the ship for a flat $15.00. Has anyone else heard this? It would be great not to bring an entire suitcase full of dirty laundry home.:)
Yes towards the end of the cruise, they provide a plastic bag that you can fill with stuff to be laundered for $15. This was on the Glory, so I can't speak for other ships. I think there was a list on the sheet with it what items of clothing were accepted in the bag. We did not use this service, as I just planned on washing everything when we got home anyway. Have a great cruise!

Yes, the have "laundry specials" a couple of days during the cruise. The bag is not big, but you can fit quite a bit into it. Also, they give you a list and you mark how many of each item you are putting in the bag. If the item is not on the list, they will not wash it. So....they don't do capris, jeans, slacks (?). Mostly, just undies, t-shirts, shorts. But....they do have self-service laundry rooms on each deck.

The bags aren't huge - don't expect to get all your laundry done for $15 and it is limited to 1 bag per cabin. Wash and fold only. Can save some money, but not the bargain you may be thinikng.

I've put a variety of things through, but they all have to fit in the bag provided and no, you can't bring you own 33 gallon bag.

The bag is small. It did turn out to be a nice deal for us because I used it to wash my toddler's clothes so I could get by with about half as much for her. I could fit most all of her little clothes in the bag.

On my last cruise, I used the laundry facility on our deck and did all my laundry the day before we came home. All my clothes fit in two loads at $1.50 each ($1.00 to wash, $.50 to dry) So, for $3.00 and about 1 hour of my time, I had all my laundry done. This was the first time I had done laundry on a cruise (something about 'working' on a cruise just didn't set well with me) but I'll do it from now on. It's so wonderful to come home and unpack clean clothes. The hour I spent with laundry, I read a book so I didn't feel like I was working at all.;)

I used the facilities on the Victory, It wasn't far from my cabin..

I brought with me some dryer sheets in a ziplock to keep my dirty clothes smelling fresh on the return trip, as well as some launfdry pucks form the dollar tree.

Dropped the clothes in the wash went back to my cabin and had a shower, went back to throw them in the dryer and returned after I did my hair..

It was no big deal, although I swear I will never do laundry on vacation again..

LOL

I only did it becasue we were heading to Disney after the cruise and needed some undies and shorts..

$15.00 per bag is an OK deal but be carefull what you let them wash. A couple of items they washed for us came backe badly faded. Don't give them anything expensive or something you would be very unhappy about if it got ruined. I don't remember what it was that faded but I think it was only socks or something like that. It was no big deal.

The laundry bag they give you is about the size of a large grocery bag, like you'd get from Stew Leonard's. It's wonderful for the frillies (men's *and* ladies' :eek: ), T-shirts, and shorts. It's not great for dressier clothing made from more delicate fabrics, and they aren't gonna iron your tuxedo shirt, so if you need that kind of attention, have it sent out to the regular laundry service and pay the extra, or you can do it yourself.

The part that always amazes me is how they remember *what* frillies go back into *which* bag?!

Stuff your laundry bag, relax and enjoy your cruise. For the price of a couple of frou-frou drinks, you've got clean frillies!

Have a wonderful cruise!

my wife and I have done both. I was amazed how much my wife could shove in one bag when it was $15 for everything :D On one cruise, we used the laundry services. On another cruise, I did like 3 loads while she slept:mad: . I just bought a laundry bag from wally world to take with us, so i dont have to drag a little plastic bag around the ship looking for the laundry again. its a trade off If you know you are going to use the services you dont have tyo bring as much clothing.

steve

When I told my husband that there are washers and dryers on each deck and that I could do the lanundry, HE looked at me like I had 2 heads! "Do laundry? We've always had it done by the ship, you don't need to start doing it yourself now. Your on vacation, relax."

We just go swimming with our clothes on and bring um back to the room and hang um up with the clothes pins and clothesline out on the balcony. I learnt that from my kentucky buddy on our last cruise.:D :D

Archived