Question about Horizon Court on Regal Princess

Saram1976

Love reading the threads! Getting me so excited for our cruise on the Regal, just a week from Sunday. I have a question for all you already on the Regal.. What kind of international food offerings do they have at the Horizon Buffet? My only other cruise experience was last year on the Caribbean Princess, where they had international themed nights. I enjoy international flared foods such as Indian, Thai, Brazilian, ect.. I know Bavarian nights and Italian nights are common, would just like to know what menu options are offered daily on the buffet? Thanks

Sara L

Hi

When we were on the Regal in September there was loads of variety in the buffet. Indian food was almost always available and was very tasty but not particularly spicy.

There was also lots of Mexican options I recall. Also a fair few stir fry options

I hope you have a great cruise!

Julie

We had Greek food one day in the buffet on the Royal, also Italian, Chinese, etc. There was also a taco bar. It is very easy to miss some offerings as the area is so vast. Every day there were several carving station offerings, Turkey, ham, pork, lamb, beef, salmon, etc. The salad fixings are mind-boggling compared to the other ships. The Caesar salad was way better in the Horizon Court than in the dining room. All desserts are in the Pastry Shop. Except for the fact that I enjoy being waited on, I would have no problem eating all my meals in the buffet on the Royal or the Regal. My system was to survey everything available and make an appetizer plate of things that looked interesting. I would then go back for just one or two main items and salad. Enjoy your cruise!

Indian food was almost always available and was very tasty but not particularly spicy.

But you can always ask for hot sauce. :)

Actually, in my experience, only lately has Princess been putting a decent amount of hot in at least some Indian dishes.