Recent Port Everglades Experiences?

ExilePA

Quick and easy question I hope. What have recent experiences been like bringing your own bottled water and soda on board? Can we just keep it in the wrapped cases and put a luggage tag on it or do we need to carry it on? I've been reading they've been less than reluctant to let it on in PC. Yes, I know it's against RC policy, however people still do it. Just checking to see how recent cruisers have faired. Thanks!

Edited by ExilePA

It's not entirely relevant to your question, but in my opinion....the luggage handlers at ANY port are reluctant to accept cases of water and soda because there are no handles on the store bought cases. They have to carry it just like you would have to carry it; in both arms, which means an extra trip.

We usually carry on a 6 pack or 2 of bottled water as we board the ship in store bags.

I *think* that folks would have fewer problems with cases of water or soda if they would put it in a duffle bag or something with handles, so it could be loaded along with regular luggage. IMO. :)