Brilliance of the Seas - Grand Cayman and Cozumel?

We are a family of 6 and looking at a cruise over the holidays and availability is tight on the Oasis and the Freedom and prices are high (still considering).

One alternative we are considering is a 5 night cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas. Stops in Grand Cayman and Cozumel, leaves from Tampa.

We are new cruisers but have been researching all the fun bells and whistles on the the Oasis, Allure, Freedom, etc. Our kids our ages 15, 15, 13 and 11. Those ships seems to be a great fit --- but we are also very interested in snorkeling where we can. Grand Cayman and Cozumel seem to be great for that. They can fit us in three rooms in a row with balconies.

Any have recent experience with a family of teens/tween on the Brillance? Would you recommend it for a family of 6 looking to save some $ vs. the Oasis and still cruise to some great snorkeling spots? Or would you spend the extra $$ on the Oasis or the Freedom?

Thanks for any and all input.

I think that Brilliance probably has enough features to keep teens happy for 3 sea days. There's a rock climbing wall, mini golf, basketball court, movies, self leveling pool table, etc. I guess it depends if you're kids are happy to hang out by the pool or in the teen club and have some downtime or if think they need to bells and whistles to enjoy themselves. If your planning on busy port days, they may actually appreciate relaxing sea days. And all the ships will have lots of kids because of the holidays so there should be plenty of other teens for them to hang out with if they want.

OP, I replied on your other thread--fun to see you are still researching Christmas cruises! Your kids are going to have a blast no matter what you settle on, and you have a lot of great ideas in the works, so once you choose, don't ever look back!

Yes, snorkeling is way better in Western Carib, a family can do it well and fairly economically in Coz by taking a cab to the national park, Chankanaab. In Grand Cayman, you will probably want to do a stingray excursion--amazing, and again, less costly and very reliably on your own via an independent operator, see the Ports of Call>Carib forum for recs. Just know that sea conditions/weather can cause you to miss Grand Cay, but most operators have an understanding refund policy when ships can't make it.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Love the 5 day Brilliance cruise! We did it in Feb of 2014. Doing it again in Feb of 2016 and taking our grown daughters with.

A great thing on Grand Cayman is ebanks watersports Jetski to Stingray city and starfish beach.

I'd do it for the holidays this year if I could!