What to expect on New Years cruise??

zlacruising

The ship will be decorated for Christmas but the stuff will be gone before you wake up New Year's Day.

There is a different style party in every venue; they hand out hats & noise makers. If it's warm enough there will be a deck party & they will sell bottles of champagne out of one of the hot tubs. I don't remember if they gave free glasses of their house swill, I mean champagne. :p

People, even kids, were dressed to the nines even if it wasn't "formal night". N.B. we always sailed out of NYC so that probably influenced the attire.

Can anyone let me know what NCL usually does on New Year's Eve? Is the ship still decorated for Christmas? Any info would be great. Thanks!

Deb

We're going on the Star over New Year's, and I was wondering the same thing. I've never been on a cruise on New Year's Eve, but I'm really excited - No worries about driving, taking cabs, just have to stumble to the cabin. We're buying the UBP because - New Years! Do all the ships have fireworks that night, or only the newer, larger ships?

Edited by Wanna_Cruize
stupid fat fingers...

The majority of people dressed up on the NYE cruises I have been on. Again, all of those ships sailed from NYC where dressing up is the norm. Casual in NYC is dressy in other parts of the world so I can't speak for all NCL cruises. My opinion: It's freestyle; dress they way you want to spend NYE.

As for fireworks I thought only Disney had the licenses to shoot off fireworks. I have never seen then on NCL