Beauty Salon

Reenie

I will be on a cruise in October for a friend's wedding. They will be getting married in St. Thomas and I would like to get my hair done for the wedding. I believe we will be leaving the ship early and was wondering if anyone knew or could suggest what I should do about setting something up with the salon. Has anyone done this?

Also kinda off topic here but what about getting a dress pressed? I would like to get my dress pressed so that it won't be all wrinkled from traveling. Will they do this on the shop for me?

Thanks for the help!!

Reenie

:D

Reenie,

You failed to mention what line or ship you will be on. Maybe this will give you an idea on pricing.

Here is a link to Celebrity's site for laundry, dry cleaning and pressing prices:

http://www.celebrity.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000UxO-D_r7VYIP_8sTyorbw6N:1028etq20?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

You mentioned that the wedding will be in St Thomas and that you will be leaving the ship early.

Since none of us know what ship you will be on, we will try and help you as best as we can.

Most of the beauty salons open around 8 - some at 7. Keep in mind that everyone on the ship must go through immigration in St Thomas. So you might waznt to get your hair done the day before.

Ironing - some ships have passengers laundries where you can iron your own clothes. Otherwaise, it will cost you to have the ship iron anything for you.

Sorry I'm new to this!!!

I will be on Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Sea in October.

Hair - I can't get it done the day before-if I did I would have to stay up all night so that I would ruin it!!! We don't want to get anything special done with our hair-just want to make sure that it curls the right way and looks nice. No updo's or anything fancy. I thought maybe if we spoke with the salon as soon as we got on the ship that maybe they could work something out for us. I was curious if anyone had done this.

Dress - I figured it would be easier to have my dress (bridesmaid dress) pressed by them so that I wouldn't have to try and iron it!!! I have never traveled before where I had to bring formal clothes with me.

Thanks for the help!

Reenie

Archived