highest oceanview strm cat.

Freedom2014

Ocean view categories are on Rivera and main deck only
Not always! We are booked in a scenic ocean view on the Sunshine. It's on the Lido deck, all the way forward above the bridge. It's a category 6J. There is also category 6K which is also on Lido but on the corner and has two giant windows. These categories aren't on every ship though. Edited by CruisingwithAutism

OP I don't know what "storm" cat means.

Oceanview cabins are only on the Main and Riveria decks on the larger class ships and only on the Riveria deck on the Spirit class ships. On the fantasy class ships there are oceanview cabins on the higher decks (Upper, Empress, Verandah). All of the Conquest ships other than the liberty and also the Sunshine have scenic oceanview cabins and grand scenic oceanview cabins on the Lido deck. Sunshine also has oceanviews on the Promenade Deck. The Dream Class has spa oceanview cabins on the higher decks - many if not all of them are accessible cabins. The Splendor also has spa oceanviews.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

The higher the letter the better the location.

With midship being the better location you will see that the midship on Rivera is the same category as the aft on the main Dec

op is asking about the liberty. Liberty does not have the 6j or 6k

I think that others have answered about the Liberty: only on decks 1 & 2 for that ship. I do want to point out that a higher letter does not necessarily mean a better location. Sometimes, it's better to be lower than higher. It could be personal preference, or it could be that someone is especially worried about motion (midship on deck 1 would be best for them). For me, and for most people, half of the 6Cs are in a horrible location, and we would never book them. The ones under the galley/kitchen might get a ton of noise. Those run from the midship elevators to the aft elevators. Those 6Cs (the ones that are noisy from above) are far worse than 6As or 6Bs. Think about your personal preferences, as well as the location of a particular room, and ignore the letters.

Others pointed out some differences on other ships, with the higher category scenic OV rooms on Sunshine & Conquest class, and the Spa OV rooms (obstructed view & handicapped) on some ships. On Liberty, there are a few rooms that have a view, but they are listed as inside rooms. The 4J category will have a window looking out onto a public deck. The view of the ocean is blocked by the solid barrier. Many people love these rooms. Some of them are handicapped, and they feel more motion, because they're all the way up front. Porthole rooms on decks 1 & 2 are very cheap (and very popular), and they are almost as large as OV rooms. A few of the upper/lower rooms have portholes on decks 1 & 2. It's the cheapest category on the ship. Please note that not all upper/lower rooms have portholes, and the 2 beds cannot be put together in the upper/lower rooms. "Porthole" rooms (with no note of being an upper/lower) will have 2 beds that can be pushed together. These rooms are also in the front of the ship, but any of these "interior" rooms with views are a great value.

The higher the letter the better the location.

Not necessarily. Half of the 6C OV rooms are underneath a noisy part of the galley, with all kinds of loud noises going on at all hours of the night, while most of the 6A & 6B rooms are very quiet from above & below. If you think a room is better based solely upon a letter, then you are in the minority. Almost everybody will take a quieter room, even if it means a lower letter. You can see my last post where I expanded on what I'm talking about here. If you disagree with me, then please expand on that opinion. Your opinion is just as valid as mine, but it would be helpful to the OP to explain why you feel the way you do. I wouldn't want anyone booking a noisy 6C room that they end up hating when they could have instead had a quiet 6A or 6B that they would've totally loved.

Edited by k2excursion