Carnival Liberty Cabin 2201

recjus85

I am guessing you booked a guarantee?

Or looking for the cheapest way possible??

Can you book an inside guarantee instead of a 1a

This is a 1a

This is the first cabin forward. If you hit rough waters you will feel

The motion. It will be quite a hike getting to the buffet/ pools.

You are under the show lounge. Dancers practice late at night

I have a B2B booked on Liberty and selected a lower deck OV forward due to a great price. I had two choices at that price, forward or aft. I prefer forward over aft when down low. The aft has a mechanical vibration that I don't like. Forward is a smoother motion, but there can be more motion if the weather is rough.

Any cabin on a cruise is a good cabin IMO, and the differences between cabin ratings is a bit overrated IMO because we don't spend much time in the cabin.

It's a perfectly good cabin, and I'm sure it will be a lot of fun!

Edited by Richjoxyz

We were just in cabin 1237 on the Rivera deck. This was the first time we ever stayed on a lower deck and we loved it. When you looked out the window the ocean was right there as if you were just floating across the waves. The window was even washed during our cruise. I don't mind staying forward and consider all the walking to be my exercise. And we had a great cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I haven't stayed there, but I have stayed in 2220, 2216, & 2217 on ships that are set up the same way. I totally love being on deck 2 in the forward. In rough waves, you will feel it, and you will hear the waves hitting the front of the ship, but it's a very consistent sound & motion. It doesn't bother me at all. The aft does bother me, because that sound/motion is inconsistent. There will be more noise when coming into or leaving port, but you will either be awake or needing to wake up at those times anyway.

The room is underneath the backstage part of the theater, which is not a problem at all. One time, on my last cruise, I did hear one of the singers practicing at around 8:00. Once the shows are over (11:30 at the latest), it will be whisper quiet from above. I don't take afternoon naps, so I don't know if practices might interfere with that, but I didn't notice any noise from above when I was in the room during the day.

The room is a very convenient location. The forward elevator area has 10 elevators, including the glass ones. If you can climb a couple flights of stairs, you will never need the elevators when they are busiest: before/after dining, before/after shows, debarkation, and getting off/on the ship in port. When getting back on the ship in port, others will be waiting for 30 minutes for an elevator right there where you get on, while you are back in your room in 2 minutes using the stairs. Very little foot traffic outside your door as well.

You should note that the 2 beds in this room cannot be pushed together. There will be a twin bed and a sofabed (not a pullout). Your room does not have portholes.

I too, have stayed in cabins WAY forward, and agree with most of the comments above. You'll hear noise when the seas are rough, (waves hitting the hull make quite a BOOM at times!) :eek: Also, when coming into port, you'll hear a bit of noise, and if it's a "tender port", the dropping of the anchor will scare hell out of you! :confused: Noise from the theater is almost non existent, so that's not a problem. Over all, if you understand what to expect, you'll enjoy the location.

Have a GREAT cruise!

"SKY"