Mighty Cruise Ships - Solstice - PVR Alert

FRMPEI

Thanks for the utube link!

It was great watching the solstice come into port Hedland as that's where I live. It mentions it's the first time it's entered the port Hedland harbour which was about 2 years ago (my husband took photos). So the doco is around 2 years old.

But as I will be boarding her in around 30 days for my first cruise I'm super excited to watch the program. When she came into port Hedland I never imagined I would be able to sail on her.

Apologies, when I rewatched the episode with my hubby the captain said it was the first time he had been into port hedland harbour not the ships first time. So it could have been filmed in the 2013 season.

Apologies, when I rewatched the episode with my hubby the captain said it was the first time he had been into port hedland harbour not the ships first time. So it could have been filmed in the 2013 season.

We were on the 2013 cruise and there was a slightly different itinery (we went to Cairns instead of Airley Beach and did not go to Newcastle)

I think the changes were made for the Feb/Mar 2014 cruise.

Many people queried why the ship went to Port Hedland. Granted there is not much there for tourists, but I for one (being an Aussie) was very glad to visit, as it would be the only chance I would get to see that part of Australia.

cheers