Upsell Call

mavvie

Four cruises and the Carnival upsell fairy finally called with an offer. We are booked on the Valor this Sunday in a Spa deck balcony. Carnival offered a move to a Grand Suite for $500 flat. I know it is a port intensive itinerary but we have never had the chance to try a suite for that price. I don't know if the extra space, sink and a tub are worth it but I guess I am going to find out. Priority embarkation can't be a bad thing either :)

Congratulations. We were offered the same offer on the Victory and took it (for $500)....we LOVED it and so will you. The cabin is incredible and if you can afford the upgrade it is worth it! We sail on the Valor in mid January and are awaiting the same upsell call (fingers crossed)!! Enjoy

I got an upsell fairy call for my 12/14 Conquest cruise tonight but our call was at 700 for the Grand Suite and that is just not in the budget. We took a Jr suite deal on the Breeze in 2013 but that was a lot less costly than this offer. Tub nice it was the bigger balcony with a lounge chair out there that made that one worth it for us.

Nice to do when and if you have the chance I just cannot swing it this time.

Have a great time!

We & the other couple we are traveling with both received the upsell fairy email today for our mid January cruise on Valor. We both had Oceanview & were offered balcony rooms on Panorama deck for $110 total per room. We both took it as we had already accumulated $190 in ES price drops. Congrats on your suite!

My wife and I got an upsell from a balcony to a grand suite on the valor and loved it. Our room steward was great, probably the best in all 6 cruises we have had.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

cruising 12/08 on Victory, wondering how one gets a "clamshell" on the beach at Half Moon Cay....

We were on the Victory in July and loved Half Moon Cay. You'll see a building with a wooden deck close to the kids water area. You can rent a clamshell there. Have fun!!

I sail on the breeze in June in a Spa Balcony i would love a call for an upsell for the Spa Balcony Suite. Can you hagle these prices?

If they say $500 can i counter them with lets say $400 or less? Anyone ever able to hagle or even try to hagle the prices with them?

thanks,

I sail on the breeze in June in a Spa Balcony i would love a call for an upsell for the Spa Balcony Suite. Can you hagle these prices?

If they say $500 can i counter them with lets say $400 or less? Anyone ever able to hagle or even try to hagle the prices with them?

thanks,

I tried haggling on the price, but it was a no go. I almost always ask for a discount becasue you never know. The explanation was that they are already so deeply discounted Carnival does not offer any further reductions.

Thank you everyone for your overly positive comments regarding my first upsell. I am so excited to suprprise my wife when we get to the port. Everyone who says the upsell fairy never calls, be patient. Your time will come and hopefully it is a good deal that you can advantage of.

Happy Cruising!!!!

thanks,

It seems as they have a list of people to call for the upgrade. The upgrade price though is not the same for every person. It is somehow calculated based on the price of the room you booked

For example people in 2 different balcony rooms, one paid a guarentee rate and the other couple paid a few hundred more for their assigned cabin. The upsell price for the people in the cheaper guarentee cabin is more than the other couple in the assigned balcony that paid more.

Hope that makes sense.