Taxi to Jamaica Inn

estherhead

I have booked a couples massage at the Jamaica Inn the day we are in port. I'm planning on just taking a taxi there. How much should this cost me? Just want to know what I should shoot for when negotiating my price? I've also heard about only using the taxi's with red license plates. Is this still true? I've never taken a taxi in Jamaica before and have heard horror stories so just want to get a good idea. I know our "excursion" is also unusual since the Jamaica Inn doesn't offer day passes but it looks like exactly the spa atmosphere we are looking for with our massage.

I have no idea about taxi cost, just get one of the taxis from the port, negotiate a price. I do know that Jamaica Inn is one of the classic old hotels in Jamaica. Famous people like Sir Winston Churchill used to stay there. I love snorkelling there. Enjoy your day.