Carnival funhub app

AtSeaWithChris

We just got off the Breeze and used the app. As far as I could tell it was only good for using the app features. You couldn't use the wifi free to search on the web, etc.

The app had good and bad features. I liked that you could use it as a sort of mobile Fun Times guide. But it didn't list all the information. For example, it said "Dive In Movie" but it didn't list what movie was playing. So it was kind of hard to use it to plan your activities because not all the information was available.

It also didn't list the menus that I could see. It had a tab for "Food" or whatever and listed the restaurants, but you couldn't look up the menus to see if you wanted to dine in the dining room that night or go elsewhere.

It was good and I am glad I downloaded it. But I probably wouldn't pay to use it, if it came to that. Unless they added more features.

It also seemed like it cost money to add the texting feature to others with the app. When you clicked on that button, it gave a warning about fees but didn't list the cost anywhere. I tried to inquire about the cost from someone, but couldn't find anyone who knew, so I gave up after awhile and didn't use that feature.

I did find out that they had a $5 per day social media feature ($25 per cruise). I let my teen daughter get that one day. It allowed you 24 hours of social media use (Facebook, instagram, snapchat, twitter) for $5. So my DD was able to connect with her friends mid-cruise and taunt them with beach pictures. :)

Maggie

Must be doing something wrong. I have attempted to download it 4 times and each time my phone has popped up a warning that security does not recommend and it will not let me override that. I have an Android LG2

Must be doing something wrong. I have attempted to download it 4 times and each time my phone has popped up a warning that security does not recommend and it will not let me override that. I have an Android LG2

If it isn't coming from the Play Store, allow unknown sources.

My phone says it can't "parse" the info.

The two most common parsing errors on Android are either:

1. APK file is corrupted. This one is more likely in your case. Try downloading again.

2. The version of Android you have flashed doesn't meet the system requirements for the app.

• 2 weeks later...

This app looks similar to NCL's iConcierge. Can anyone confirm?

NCL's app was free when they were testing but now they charge for the messaging and calling features which allow you to communicate with other passengers that have also paid the fee ($8 for the whole cruise per device). The message/calling features worked well with iphones and androids but the messaging did not work properly with iPod Touch (for me anyway), although the remaining free features did work and I used it several times a day - very handy even for just checking your account :)

I hope it is on the Sunshine by September 2015 :)