Triumph 8/18-8/22 NYC & Halifax

Deb&Bert

This is our 6th Carnival Cruise

Trumiph is a wonderful ship. This was our second trip on her. If you really look you will see alot of wear and tear. Being our 6th cruise I really started looking around. You will see alot of wear but the ship is very clean.

We got to the port EARLY.. We drove from Detroit the day before and got a hotel in New Jersery for the night.. Pulled into the Port around 7:00am

Watch the Triumph pull in. That was pretty cool.

All the people around the port were wonderful. Helpful and really nice.

Parked in the 2 story parking garage. No problem.. 24.00 a day.

Walked right into the building and were the SECOND people inline..

That was so funny we usually board with 2000 other people..LOL

At 12:00 noon they let us get our GOLD sail and sign card.. Was really excited that they were gold..LOL

By 12:30 we were on the ship.. We dropped our bags in our room and went to grab so food on the lido deck.

GOOD BAD AND UGLY:

The good thought everything was clean. And your on Vaction for 4 days!!!

BAD

Didn't think their All you can eat buffets were as good as the past.

Only usually a few meats, One pototoe, Maybe one Veg. I just didn't think that is was up to par.

We wanted a cheese burger on afternoon around 4:00 and that was closed.

Didn't remember the short hours before.. Only open a few hours during the day.

They had the wrong time for our dinning. So we were FIRST in line to change that.. Materdee told us he would put us on a list and let us know.. OK

we asked for 5:45 or 6:00 and they gave us 8:00

Told us we had to show up at 8:00 that night.. WRONG.. We did the Lido Deck

The next night didn't hear from anyone that they moved us.. Showed up at the 5:45 sitting to be told we had to have a card with the new time and table.. We left changed into shorts... Lido Deck...

Day THREE went to the Materdee's deck and told them never heard NOTHNING back from them.. He says "OH well come tonight at 5:45 and we will squeeze you in" NO I DON"T THINK SO... AGAIN LIDO DECK...

Never went to dinner in the main..

The UGLY.

The room stewart showed up first day.. Very nice.. our of a 4 day cruise he only made our room up after 6:00 pm once.. One towel animal that night.

We had to go get him and ask him to make or room up on the last night.

Did the room in the am.. Nothing great.. Never Iced up a very small cooler for us. The Ice bucket was empty 3 out of 4 days.. So we got our own no big deal.

Halifx we rented a car.. $40.00 for the day. Went to Pegg's Cove. Nice

lots of great pictures to take. But other then that we drove around and really was a little dissapointed. Weather was beautiful that day.

Leaving Halifax we hit that FOG everyone talkes about. Walk out of your balcony and you see NOTHING.. Pretty scary..LOL But every one minute you can hear the FOG HORN!!!!

Really going on a cruise is WONDERFUL.. Did we have a good time.. SURE who couldn't. Was there so not the best stuff sure, did it ruin our cruise no way.

Would we cruise again.. Yes in Jan. on the Glory.

The best was my DH and I said was we see Carnival is CUTTING CORNERS.

This could really cost them. I would really much rather see them charge another 50 pp and Not cut them corners.

If you smoke Cig's were CHEAP!!!!! Carton of KOOLS 2 for $34.96 Marblo's

where buy4 get one free for $74.95...

BUT THE BUMMER IS USA WILL ONLY LET YOU TAKE ONE CARTON PER PERSON HOME!!!!!!!!!!

Any ????"S please ask away...

Archived