Breeze & Coke Package

Cruisin' Again 86

BAY >> slow service or did they just ignore you ? I drink at LEAST 10 sodas a day and need to know what direction I should go...

Thanks !!!

then buy the card, have had slow service while in dining room is the only time because there are not many bar waiter in the dining rooms.

What's new and a pain is now being asked to sign for the soda. Tell your dining room waiter you'd like a drink each night waiting for you and it will be there when you arrive or soon after.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the breeze In August. We had cheers and son had soft drinks. We were limited on where we could eat due to son having Celiac, so we got to know bar servers quite well, and that could have played a part in it, but he never had a problem getting a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have been on several cruises with my son, he was 9 on our first cruise and he is now 16. Slow bar service for soda is his only complaint. I stood back and watched a few times as he and a friend or 2 try to get served and the bartender always takes care of the adults getting drinks first. You may not have issues as an adult because they think you want a drink. I don't complain much but this is one of the few things carnival needs to come up with a better way, maybe a "soda only" area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been on several cruises with my son, he was 9 on our first cruise and he is now 16. Slow bar service for soda is his only complaint. I stood back and watched a few times as he and a friend or 2 try to get served and the bartender always takes care of the adults getting drinks first. You may not have issues as an adult because they think you want a drink. I don't complain much but this is one of the few things carnival needs to come up with a better way, maybe a "soda only" area.

That 15% included gratuity really went far for your so and his friends.

Not sure what you mean by that, but carnival makes a great deal of money selling those cards. If I go to a restaurant and buy a soda, the tip will not be that much on the soda, however I do expect a good server to keep it full. If Carnival is not interested in their employees taking care of all guests, then stop selling those cards, add a few dollars to the cruise price to everyone and install some machines. It will not happen because they make a lot of money selling the cards, again, which I am fine with paying for, just do not ignore the people using them!

Not sure what you mean by that, but carnival makes a great deal of money selling those cards. If I go to a restaurant and buy a soda, the tip will not be that much on the soda, however I do expect a good server to keep it full. If Carnival is not interested in their employees taking care of all guests, then stop selling those cards, add a few dollars to the cruise price to everyone and install some machines. It will not happen because they make a lot of money selling the cards, again, which I am fine with paying for, just do not ignore the people using them!

Exactly. That's the whole point. Why bother adding a gratuity if a bartender or waiter is barely willing to perform the basic duties of his profession? The inclusion of a gratuity did not ensure the needs of your son or his friends were met promptly.

In the main dining room when you first get to your table tell the waiter you want a soda. He will get the bar waiter.

In the main show lounge. Unless you arrive early. Bring your drinks with you. Soda and other drinks. The main show lounge is slow.

You can’t use the soda sticker for room service. You would need to get a drink to carry back to your cabin.

In my experience it is easier to get a soda from any bar Just walk up and ask. They wait on people first come first served.

While sitting on the lido deck. It seems to be faster to get a drink of any type by walking the short distance to the bar. But it is always nice to have it delivered.

We purchase the soda sticker on each cruise. For us it is worth the money.

Thanks !

Sounds like regular service just like RCCL' date=' some people make it sound like you never get served.

Patience People, Patience ![/quote']

Why should someone be patient for trying to use a service they paid for? All requests should be met promptly.