Favorite foods on a cruise

robthens

My DH loves escargot and calamari. I think they rank right up there with erasers and rubber bands.

We love all the fish dishes with salmon being our favorite.

For dessert, the Princess soufflés are our most memorable.

My favorites at dinner were the flourless chocolate cake and the pumpkin soup yumm. I don't remember what it was called, but my favorite entree was a scallop dish that had a ring of mashed potatoes around it, and the scallops were in a sauce with pasta underneath. YUM!

• 2 weeks later...

The lobster tails and rack of lamb. Hubby loves all the Italian dishes and the lobster tails.

Jubilee - Panama Canal - May 2000

Ecstacy - Bahamas - November 2001

Paradise - Eastern Caribbean - April 2002

Paradise back to back East & West - March 2004

Legend - Exotic Southern - April 2006:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

The waiter we had on the Century gave me extra escargots when they were on the menu. He told me his father always brought them home on his payday. The evening I ordered the pasta with escargot, he must have had the kitchen put TRIPLE the amount on my plate!

Love2Vacation,

I'm with you .........anything chocolate, yes give me chocolate. And Celebrity's menu is done by a french chef, so all those delacacies.....oh my....need I say more??? French pastries done in chocolate!!!!! Actually as long as I don't have to cook, I'm not that picky. (as long as I get chocolate for dessert.) However, hubby & I don't care for fish--that's just us.

• 2 weeks later...

HAL's Chocolate Tulip

Most lines - escargot - when its hot.

Carnival's Pizza Bar

Princess' soufles and chilled fruit soups.

Hmm - I'm getting hungry and only a few weeks left to try and fit back into my Tux - they always seem to shrink from that sea air I suppose.

Carnival's Delice of the Sea, Chilean Sea Bass, Beef Wellington, Chateaubriand - all very hard to beat. Any of the puff pastry desserts are wonderful. Having complimentary cappuccino or double espresso after all meals in the dining room is a plus!

My favorites at dinner were the flourless chocolate >cake and the pumpkin soup yumm. I don't remember what it was called, >but my favorite entree was a scallop dish that had a ring of mashed >potatoes around it, and the scallops were in a sauce with pasta >underneath. YUM

OMG! I sailed Carnival Glory and had that scallop dish with the potato ring too! It was SO good! I even took a pick of the plate when they served it to me. It still brings back memories of how good it was.

Every night I ordered 2 appitizers and skipped the salad (hey, I can eat salad any time back home), but not those wonderful apps. The pumpkin soup was GREAT as were all the other soups I had. I had cold strawberry soup one day--yum. I got brave and tried escargo, but was NOT impressed--like eating rubber. Can't wait to sail again, just for the food!

Yes, the souffles on Princesses are the best! Eggs Benedict on Celebrity in the diningroom & waffles at the buffet. Chateau Briand & goat cheese souffle at the Normandy on Summit. All the beef dishes on Celebrity were great too. I don't eat too much beef at home, but I really enjoyed it on my Celebrity cruises.

Sailing with Celebrity last year, I tried... finally... ready for this???....

FROG LEGS!!

They don't quite taste like chicken. And I got a good laugh when they brought out the plate... and there were 3 legs!! I had this pic of a 3-legged frog, or one poor frog that's missing a leg. :D

My fave part of that dish was taking each leg, standing it up like it would be on a frog when it's crouching, doing a few "hops" around the plate, then taking a bite. Yup, I'm one of the more refined diners on board! :D:D:D

I tried escargot as well, didn't really like it, but had to try it just to say I did.

Archived