Zenith Disco

beachmonger

We are sailing on the Zenith this Saturday and my daughters would like to know what they should wear to the disco, is it dressy or informal or casual or god knows what else?

This seems to be a matter of great concern to them................ I don't understand it myself, but I guess that is why I am the dad (and FORBIDDEN to go near the disco)

Thanks for your help.

How old are your daughters? I remember the disco having an age limit - I thinik it was 18. And the lounge usually doesn't become a "disco" until midnight or later when the DJ takes over. Until then there is usually a band or duo playing dance music - music that you would recognize - on Celebrity ships.

I have never been on the Zenith but I know the disco on the Century was not the most happening of places. It seemed like everyone was asleep by midnight(or eating pizza).

We actually felt bad for the DJ because he was real cool but looked lonely. :) On the nights there were a bunch of people at the disco everyone was dressed different. Some people had on the same outfits they went to dinner with and others jeans and tank tops. I think no matter what that wear they will not be judged.

No matter what they will have fun dancing the night away..

On our Celebrity cruises most people stay dressed in dinner attire. In fact the daily (in the first issue under evening dress codes and other helpful hints about the ship) says dress code of the evening applies to all other areas of the ship other than the casual dining boulevard. And don't feel like you have to leave - it's your vacation too and it is not exactly a young group there since the typical Celebrity cruiser is older (than your daughters).

Beachmonger, we are on the same trip this saturday and love disco (although according to my 12 yr old-it is a "club"). We are 50 and will be there dancing and trying to learn the moves of the 20 somethings( hubby swears he has the moves down). We always wear whatever we wore to dinner and fit right in (not, of course according to our 12 going on 20 year old who is mortified by our existence). Hope to see you all there.

Archived