Study on Seabourn & HAL pricing

Rivercove10

I came across the link below while I was searching Google for the allusive secret to "how does Seabourn allocate OB verandah guarantees".

I am waiting for our suite allocation for the Holiday Antarctica sailing. I am carrying on like kid who can't wait for Christmas. 11 days to go. The article / study does not give me the answer I was seeking but it was an interesting insight into pricing of cruises focusing on Seabourn / Hal.

http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:731192/FULLTEXT02

BTW - I know there is no formula to the OB allocation...I just love reading about others experiences.

• 2 weeks later...
I came across the link below while I was searching Google for the allusive secret to "how does Seabourn allocate OB verandah guarantees".

I am waiting for our suite allocation for the Holiday Antarctica sailing. I am carrying on like kid who can't wait for Christmas. 11 days to go. The article / study does not give me the answer I was seeking but it was an interesting insight into pricing of cruises focusing on Seabourn / Hal.

http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:731192/FULLTEXT02

BTW - I know there is no formula to the OB allocation...I just love reading about others experiences.

So Rivercove, where did you end up ?

On our Nov 29 Quest Antarctica sailing one couple (who had never sailed with Seabourn before) were upgraded from a V1 to a Penthouse at NO extra cost!

(We had been offered an upgrade from an A1 to a Penthouse at an extra charge of over AUS$9,000 EACH just prior to sailing !)

We met another "first time"couple on our Med cruise in June with the same experience., ie free upgrade to a Penthouse.

Long term Seabourn cruisers do not seem to be offered these free upgrades.

I don't think we will hear from Rivercove till after the cruise, if at all, he/she only posted twice and is On Board now.

The article he/she found was interesting though if you spent time reading it.......

Hi. Yes we are sailing now on Quest...after much excitement waiting to find which suite we were assigned having booked OB guarantee we ended up with 811 V4. The info came 10 days prior sailing.... We were so happy with the allocation.

Having an amazing cruise.... Just can't fault Seabourn.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums