cellphone

spotter27

can u use your cellphone is the bahamas or mexico or is there an extra charge? I have at &t . what about texting

You have to have an international plan (you can add it by the month). I would call AT&T about rates. They are not based on your domestic rate plan. When on the ship your phone will show cellular at sea and those rates are more expensive than just calling from your cabin at the $1.99 rate.

can u use your cellphone is the bahamas or mexico or is there an extra charge? I have at &t . what about texting

Technically, there is no additional charge for using your cell phone in he Bahamas or Mexico.

If you wish to use cellular services, that is a different story depending on your plan.

Yes you can use you AT&T phone internationally, and just about anyplace in the world. You most likely have a service plan that covers you within the USA and Territories. The ship is not a USA territory, and places you visit, except the US Virgin Islands and PR are not USA territory.

So you can use the phone, but it would be outside your included contracted price. It is called Roaming.

Each place you visit, can have a different rate plan. This includes DATA!. Data can be expensive if you are using a smart phone.

You can "buy" an international rate plan that will give you reduced rates. You can also "buy" an international data plan for your trip. Contact AT&T for rates.

Call AT&T and ask about their plans. I am currently traveling in Europe for the month of December and have an international plan with unlimited text, a small amount of data and phone calls for the month and am not paying dearly. In fact it is pretty inexpensive.

This does not include calls / text from the ship, but that wasn't what you asked about.