Tampa Port- Carnival Pride

Amex2778

Two questions regarding the port in Tampa. I'm cruising on the Carnival Pride on 1/11 out of Tampa and flying in that morning. I wanted to know if anyone has used the Carnival ground transportation to/from the airport to the port. is it worth the $20 p.p. each way (2 of us) and are there any stores that I can purchase a case of water near the port or is it not in an area of stores.

Thanks in advance!

I take a taxi from the Tampa airport to the seaport. It cost about the same and buying transfers for 2 or more people. Average traffic should be around $35 with tip. There is a little mall at the port but it seems to be mostly entertainment. Bars, restaurants, Movie Theater, the Tampa Aquarium, etc. I didn't see much that might have cases of water. Let the driver know what you want and he can probably find a place to stop that is not out of the way.

Don't forget that the tap water on the ship is filter using much the same technology as most bottled water so a lot of people are good with just taking sports bottles and filling them in the room.

I take a taxi from the Tampa airport to the seaport. It cost about the same and buying transfers for 2 or more people. Average traffic should be around $35 with tip. There is a little mall at the port but it seems to be mostly entertainment. Bars, restaurants, Movie Theater, the Tampa Aquarium, etc. I didn't see much that might have cases of water. Let the driver know what you want and he can probably find a place to stop that is not out of the way.

Don't forget that the tap water on the ship is filter using much the same technology as most bottled water so a lot of people are good with just taking sports bottles and filling them in the room.

I agree with you about the water on the ship. Have never had a problem with drinking it. But some people swear that bottled water is better (even though it was filled up at the tap :) )

I agree with you about the water on the ship. Have never had a problem with drinking it. But some people swear that bottled water is better (even though it was filled up at the tap :) )

You are right and they will never change their mind, even when the side of the bottle says "Filled from the municipal water supply in ....."

I too, would suggest taking a cab to the port, from the airport. Also, if you tell the cab driver that you'd like to stop on the way to grab a case of water, he can stop at a drug store, or liquor store on the way, and probably save you some money, and hassle. (Lots of drug stores, liquor stores, and even grocery stores on the way, and not out of the way.)

Have a GREAT cruise!

"SKY"

Enjoy the Pride we were on Thanksgiving week and loved all the new upgrades. We usually fly in the day before, so we get a free shuttle to the hotel and port via hotel. However, we take a taxi from the port to the hotel and they charge $25.00 flat fee. We tip the driver dependent on how much luggage. Have a great time we really enjoyed the Pride.