Visa requirement

We are sailing to NZ from Sydney in February on th Sun Princess. It is my understanding that Princess adds $20 to our bill for each Visa and makes the arrangements. A friend sailing on the same cruise told me that this has changed. We are Americans. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

We are sailing to NZ from Sydney in February on th Sun Princess. It is my understanding that Princess adds $20 to our bill for each Visa and makes the arrangements. A friend sailing on the same cruise told me that this has changed. We are Americans. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

All Americans must apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (visa) to enter Australia. Likewise, Australians must apply for one to travel i to your country.

You can do this painlessly on line. You do not receive a physical visa document but you can keep the receipt and acknowlegment that will have the number on it.

Here is the official website

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/601.aspx

After speaking to Princess, they reassured me that they handle our visas for a $20 per person charge as we booked our cruise directly through them. We were told that, if you use a travel as agent, then you have to obtain the visas yourselves.

After speaking to Princess, they reassured me that they handle our visas for a $20 per person charge as we booked our cruise directly through them. We were told that, if you use a travel as agent, then you have to obtain the visas yourselves.

But if your cruise starts in Australia, you will need to get the visa yourself, in advance, or you won't be allowed into Australia to start the cruise.