Crown CA getaway

meh56

look for low 70's in the day...will need that jacket at night for sure

Thank you Labguy and also to Pam and Ryndam. I have to laugh. It's 48 degrees in New York right now. I walked to the deli for coffee with a sleeveless shell and flimsy sweater and on and it was delightful. Go figure..........:cool:

Most of theport towns are either big enough or well known enough that you can look up temps directly...you definately can for Santa Barbara.
Absolutely. :) But there are many people from all over the U.S. who might not think of that, assuming the LA temps are what to expect. But living here now, I know that the weather in Santa Barbara often isn't what to expect in Laguna Beach even though both towns/cities are right on the water in Southern California.

Just booked this one and the following one to San Diego as a b2b. We did this same cruise on Sapphire 1/22/14 (100% FCC!) and got fogged out of Santa Barbara. Only a few tender runs got out, the coast guard was opening/closing the port every hour or so, and we heard folks had long waits to get back on. No big deal missing SB since we have been there many times and we spent most of the day in the thermal suite! The overall weather was nice enough,typical for So Cal coast as noted in this thread. It was chilly on the open deck at sea, but that's true most anywhere.

For this b2b we have a stern facing balcony and are looking forward to sitting out there! I also wouldn't hesitate to book this for April. We don't really care for the open balconies in any weather.

My wife and I did the Sapphire last March to Santa Barbara/Ensenada....we had a balcony and enjoyed great weather, were able to tender in Santa Barbara, they were still dredging out the harbor from a big storm. We had no marine layers any days, allowing nice mornings with bright sunshine. We did have some strong winds in Ensenada which delayed our departure a couple of hours.

Got to love SoCal....we are getting a bit of rain now...much needed..but where else are you going to see a Christmas in the 70's to 80's

Michael

Thank you Labguy and also to Pam and Ryndam. I have to laugh. It's 48 degrees in New York right now. I walked to the deli for coffee with a sleeveless shell and flimsy sweater and on and it was delightful. Go figure..........:cool:

I have cruised in January to Ensenada for the last 9 years. I am part of the Angels Fan Cruise, and we ALWAYS do it in January.

Weather wise, MOSTLY its been warm. There was ONE cruise where I forgot my sweater (I use it at night), and it was chilly, so I didn't go up on the open decks at night, but other than that, it's pretty darn nice!!! A couple years ago, we were in Ensenada and it was 98 degrees!!! It was pretty warm the entire trip, even while we were sailing!!

I normally take a sweater that I can either dress down or up, and a light windbreaker that's also waterproof in case of showers, and I'm good. Don't need a heavy jacket or stuff like that.

I can't wait to be on this ship-- ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!!! :D