Breeze inside room

msweezie

Hi, usually travel Royal Caribbean, but on Carnival Breeze in February. I am trying to add some people to our cruise, and hopefully get a larger inside room than I currently have, three adults. The site is different than Royal, as when I select inside room, I don't have different catagories to choose from. Can anyone tell me, are all inside roooms with two twins and the pulldown beds? Do you need a port or ocean view to get a sofa sleeper? I am thinking the inside room with pulldown bed will be small for three adult woman. Any opinions? Also, hoping this won't be an issue, but I originally booked this inside room with my daughter and sister. My daughter now has two friends who are going to book. I am hoping I can get the friends in an inside room and move my daughter to their room. I am then hoping I can get another adult friend to book in the room with my sister and I, and hopefully upgrading to a bigger room. Does anyone think this will be an issue? Hope someone can understand my mumbo jumbo! Thanks!

First of all, almost all cabins of the same category are exactly the same size with very few exceptions. So no matter what you do, you start with the same space. If you go to the deck maps on the Carnival site or the web, they will show each cabin with a code indicating exactly how it is arranged. It will say if the beds are twin, king, available bunks, sofa arrangements, etc.

No matter the arrangements this is how I look at it: 2 people - fantastic, 3 people - livable, 4 people - very crowded and congested, 5 people - impossible and don't go there!

Hope you are not booked Early Saver as there are no name changes allowed.

Would suggest you look at the Deluxe Ocean View Cabins. They sleep up to 5 (2 pullmans and a convertable couch). But, they also have a 2nd bathroom with a sink and junior tub/shower. Very nice to allow 2 to shower at the same time.

Inside cabins do not have a sofa.

your configuration will get 2 beds and an upper bed.

Putting 3 women in one inside cabin can be doable as long as we are not divas getting ready for dinner.

There is one outlet for hairdryers and curling irons.

There is one shower/bathroom.

Using the showers at the spa can alleviate all that mess.

Or schedule showers ahead of time

To move your daughter out of the room-- depends onhow you booked.

If Early savers-- you just keep the booking and move around once onboard

thanks folks. I just called carnival. I guess I need to call my TA in the morning, I booked it using some reward points. After speaking with the agent at Carnival, she suggested the same thing, just book the three new people in a larger ocean view ( I like the idea of the two sinks, I think someone mentioned Superior ocean view?) and just switch around our sleeping arrangements when we get there. But.....the only issue is, the alcohol program. My daughter and her friends wish to purchase that. So that can get confusing if I have my older friend booked in the room with her two younger friends (of course switch sleeping arrangements) but everyone in the room must buy the program! So that could screw up things with their credit cards, and seapasses....as far as Becky really coming into the room with the older folks, and Carly really going to the room with the younger folks. Carly would need Becky's seapass......oh geez....guess that wouldn't work.....unless......they agreed to switch names and identities, and paid each other's credit cards at the end? OMG.....does anyone get this???

thanks folks. I just called carnival. I guess I need to call my TA in the morning, I booked it using some reward points. After speaking with the agent at Carnival, she suggested the same thing, just book the three new people in a larger ocean view ( I like the idea of the two sinks, I think someone mentioned Superior ocean view?) and just switch around our sleeping arrangements when we get there. But.....the only issue is, the alcohol program. My daughter and her friends wish to purchase that. So that can get confusing if I have my older friend booked in the room with her two younger friends (of course switch sleeping arrangements) but everyone in the room must buy the program! So that could screw up things with their credit cards, and seapasses....as far as Becky really coming into the room with the older folks, and Carly really going to the room with the younger folks. Carly would need Becky's seapass......oh geez....guess that wouldn't work.....unless......they agreed to switch names and identities, and paid each other's credit cards at the end? OMG.....does anyone get this???

When you get onboard, switch the names to the 3 younger friends who will get the program to the correct room. Then they can go and purchase the program without having to worry about who pays what card.

I had friends that were able to switch a person from one booking to another for no charge at all, even though they were all booked Early Saver, and it was before final payment. Since nobody was being cancelled, there was no penalty. One of the Early Saver restrictions deals with not being able to cancel without penalty, even before final payment. But if the person is just being moved to another room/booking on the same sailing, then they aren't being cancelled. But whether or not they'll do it depends on which Carnival rep you're talking to. They aren't the best; very inconsistent.

If that doesn't work, then you do the switching after you get on board, and try to work with them regarding the drink package deal.

I agree that 3 in an inside room isn't bad. Definitely separate the 2 lower beds to open up some space in the middle of the room. Keeping those 2 beds together will make the room feel very cramped. But I still think that 3 people in an oceanview room is much better: tons more space, a view, the 3rd person gets the much better sofabed (not a pullout) instead of an upper bunk way up in the air. If it's not too much more money, then go for that. The 3-person porthole rooms have this same setup and are almost as large, but those usually sell quick. There are a few OV rooms that only have the 1 bathroom. Most, but not all, OV rooms have the 1.5 bathrooms. I have had the 1.5 bathroom OV room, and it was very nice with 3 adults in the room.

Edited by k2excursion

Has anyone else done this? Switched names around from cabin to cabin while you were actually boarding the ship?

I've done it - it's no problem at all. Just go to guest services as soon as you are on board and they will do it, no problem. Then buy the drink packages after that.